Toyota corrective notice

'08 ZR6

Hi.

New to this forum and just recently purchased myself an 2008 aurion sportivo ZR6.

Loving the car it goes great and this forum really helped me to make the final decision about buying this car. So thanks.

Im just curious if any of you guys have seen this on the toyota website and if so do you know what it means for people who have purchased these vehicles based on the fact they thought they were getting leather.

http://www.toyota.co...tice?WT.ac=HPCN

Dont know if I have done this right and dont wish to annoy anyone by posting this.

post-31259-0-97213800-1362047684_thumb.j

Hi 08 ZR6, welcome to the site,

That is interesting, I have never seen that notice before, mine in a 2010 model and the leather on the top of the steering wheel facing the driver appears to be bonded leather, it is sort of pealing off. Is it just wear and tear or has anyone else noticed this?

I have exactly the same model in Inferno orange, I was always aware it was never full leather, as it isn't Lexus branded or the like. The outer parts of the seats are all leather, with the part you sit on is vinyl. Im pretty sure the steering wheel is polyurethane, even though it has real stitching all around. I do not have a problem with it, as the equivalent cars, the XR6 and SV6 don't even have leather seats or the like. I'm quite happy with my ZR6, fake leather or not, dual air con and power seats (something late model XR6 and SV6s still don't have to my understanding)

• 1 month later...

I'd be ****** off if I'd payed $40000+ for a car with "Leather" seats that turned out to only be half leather . I think Toyotas offer of $200 of your next Toyota is laughable and is an extremely weak outcome for the ACCC .

I dont know if anyone of you remember my question about 10 speakers for the new toyota aurion zr6...but after putting in new under dash leds...i had to rip put the front side door panel...now on this forum some one said that the front doors have 2 speakers in it...but after ripping out the door panel..surprise surprise...it was only one speaker...so in total i have 8 speakers instead of 10 as advertised...should i take this up with the authorities...???

They count tweeters as being a separate speaker. I don't know how the new Aurions are, but I would assume they have something like
2x dash tweeters
2x front door speakers (no tweeters)
2x rear door speakers (no tweeters)
4x Parcel Shelf speakers (speaker and tweeter combo x 2)

EDIT

Just did a quick google search and found this:
http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2012-aurion/

"..The JBL premium audio system's speaker layout includes 2 8cm coaxial speakers with high and mid-range cones, an 8cm speaker on top of the dash, a 17x25cm woof in each front door, a 17x25cm rear-subwoofer and two 8cm rear surround speakers.

They count tweeters as being a separate speaker. I don't know how the new Aurions are, but I would assume they have something like

2x dash tweeters

2x front door speakers (no tweeters)

2x rear door speakers (no tweeters)

4x Parcel Shelf speakers (speaker and tweeter combo x 2)

EDIT

Just did a quick google search and found this:

http://www.netcarshow.com/toyota/2012-aurion/

"..The JBL premium audio system's speaker layout includes 2 8cm coaxial speakers with high and mid-range cones, an 8cm speaker on top of the dash, a 17x25cm woof in each front door, a 17x25cm rear-subwoofer and two 8cm rear surround speakers.

Dont have speakers on the rear doors at all...

2 speakers very front near windscreen

One Speaker windscreen centre

1 right door

1 left door

2 speakers rear headrests - left and right

1 subwoofer - rear right...

total of 8 speakers...

well to be honest I can't really complain, I bought my ZR6 second hand and for a steal of a price. Though I would tend to agree I would be pretty ****** off if I ordered leather and it turned out it wasn't fully leather after all, just half leather and half synthetic material