Remote central lock on 100 series

Hi all, I know this has probably been raised previously, but I am hoping someone here could help.

I have recently purchased a 2001 100series GXL cruiser, and the remote for the central locking doesn't work....I have tried the factory reset in the manual, and also a fix I found on the net which involved opening and closing the drivers door whilst inserting and removing the key from the ignition.

Does anyone have a solution that works please ? My wife hates not having a working remote :help:

cheers !

have you checked the battery in the remote? If it did work the car at one stage it is very unlikely that it has dropped out and would need recoding. Does the central locking work from the switch inside the car?

If the remote does need coding in you will need a master key. Find the security light on the car, it should be flashing. When you put the key in the ignition does it go out straight away or stay on for a half second, if it goes out you have the master and can on board code in the remote ( This is using the chicken dance that you would of found on the net).