about corolla's suspension..

XploShun

hi!! ive been driving for a while now.. n it seems that the suspension for MY corolla is pretty dodgy..... i say this because.. compared to ther other cars i drove..

its kinda stiff driving on a bumpy road.... and while cornering its kinda .. i dunno.. just bad...

is it the same to everyone else?? or is it just mine..

and if i want improve it.. wt shud i do??

buy springs? or absorbers?

im not familiar wif cars.. n i want to learn more bout it.. especially 4 my car.. :lol:

did a search on this.. some ppl used kings Spring or wateva.... for lowering.. wwill this improve my problem??

Depending on how you want to improve it.

1. By going lowering springs won't make things any better. Lowering will definitely look nice, but it will screw up your stock shocks and make the car bounce around.

2. If you want to go the "stock" apporach, you should go for Koni struts + Lowering Springs. Koni sports (yellow) are adjustable dampening struts, which are good for street and light track use. The springs in the other hand are probably no good for heavy driving or track use.

3. Go Coilovers. Coilovers aren't as "hard" and "rough" as people may think. Have been in the car with MAP81, and coilovers are really nice. The main difference between koni and coilovers in terms of ride comfort is that, they are both just as hard (depending on how hard you adjust your koni) BUT, the springs are HEAPS better.

Imagine yourself going over a speed bump, and its hard going up. However, on coming down, the 'stock type' springs/coils will bounce more. As for Coilovers, the spring rate are much harder, and will not bounce annoyingly.

In terms of price:

Springs only: $150~350 depending

Koni + Springs: $1300~$1700

Coilovers: $900~$2000+

so it really depends on your budget.

Hope this helps.

if you look in the 'for sale' section there are some suspension setup for sale. ;)

Depending on how you want to improve it.

1. By going lowering springs won't make things any better. Lowering will definitely look nice, but it will screw up your stock shocks and make the car bounce around.

2. If you want to go the "stock" apporach, you should go for Koni struts + Lowering Springs. Koni sports (yellow) are adjustable dampening struts, which are good for street and light track use. The springs in the other hand are probably no good for heavy driving or track use.

3. Go Coilovers. Coilovers aren't as "hard" and "rough" as people may think. Have been in the car with MAP81, and coilovers are really nice. The main difference between koni and coilovers in terms of ride comfort is that, they are both just as hard (depending on how hard you adjust your koni) BUT, the springs are HEAPS better.

Imagine yourself going over a speed bump, and its hard going up. However, on coming down, the 'stock type' springs/coils will bounce more. As for Coilovers, the spring rate are much harder, and will not bounce annoyingly.

In terms of price:

Springs only: $150~350 depending

Koni + Springs: $1300~$1700

Coilovers: $900~$2000+

so it really depends on your budget.

Hope this helps.

if you look in the 'for sale' section there are some suspension setup for sale. ;)

icic~!! thx man!!

$900 +??

but i guess i have to stick with the ****ty suspension for a while... i'd thought springs mite help.... sigh

still got others to buy 1st..

thx pippy!!