demerit points

I have asked the RTA and i have gotten lik 3 different stories now im just confused!!!???!!! :blink:

I currenty hav 3 points left on my licensce and am on my silvers for 2years my licesnce expires next year december and then get my gold license will i get my points back and stay on my silvers because i have lost points or will i get my gold licensce and full points????? :blink::blink::blink::blink:

any point gained on your licence last for 3 years... I'm in the same boat as you, 3 points left

if you incur more then 12 points over a 3 year period you will get your licence suspended...

when you go from Silver to Gold the points will carry over...

just like to point out sunny that everyone actually starts on 0 points when you get a fine and say 3 demerit points it actually counts UP on your licnence

you dont start on 12 and get points taken away

as for gold licnece doesnt that only mean you get an extra 2 years before having to re-new the card again (expires)

and yeah any points gained get taken away after 3 years

As I understood for NSW drivers (as I used to be one and I don't know if the rules have changed) but you only get a Gold license if you have not had any points on your license for a certain time (can't remember how long the term is though).

• 4 weeks later...

thats correct BUT a mate of mine got his gold licence and he had demerit points to WEIRD HEY

anyways all a gold licence means is that you get an extra few years before re-newing so you save a few extra $$$ in your pocket in the long run

you dont get any extra points or anything like that

Well boys all you have to do is VOTE me for Prime minister next year and i will pass a new law that states: "NO OTHER VEHICLE WILL BE ABLE TO BE AS POWERFUL AS A ROLLA!!!!! BE IT ASCENT, CONQUEST, LEVIN OR SPORTIVO"!!!!! So ur about to see v8's get de-tuned to 60 KW@ the wheels!!!LOL :lol: :D :P

bring in the FINE SYSTEM!!!!!! So wat we all do is just save up half the year and then just go race everyone on the road for the rest of the year!!!LOL ^_^  :P  :D  :lol:

true up until a point.

the highway limits were 120km/h if you were caught doing 180km/h then you have to go to court and explain why u were going so fast and if found guilty jail or a big sum of money to be paid!

Man i know wat my excuse is already if i get caught under those laws!!!

"Your honour....the day that i was caught doin 180km/hr in the 120km/hr zone was because i was suffering from EXPLOSIVE DIAROHREA and needed to get to the nearest toilet as soon as possible"!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAAAAaaa Damn i should use that one next time and maybe carry a packet of laxatives in the car for better dramatic effect in front of the coppers!!!LOL man if being able to do 200km/hr+ on the hyway and get away with it, sum uncomfort while being locked up in the back of the cop car is worth it especially if u drop one in their car!!! :P :P :D :lol::lol: :D ^_^

Edited by "RuNx"