2000 Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca (AE112R) owner

Hello,

Just about to purchase a Toyota Corolla Ascent Seca (2000).

My wife and I hunted around. We were after a Corolla as my wife had a 1987 model which was a great run about. When that car was finally due to be passed on we ended up with a 1994 Mazda 626 (2.5 V6). A car my wife grappled with but I loved to bits after we did some essential repairs.

Poor Mazda got rear-ended. Wife was driving and she's OK. Sad to see it go but saw it as an opportunity to buy something this century.

Tossing up between a Corolla and a ford focus but I couldn't go by the bubble eye of the 2000 Corolla.

Found a nice one at the price range we wanted (under $5000) with reasonable kms 140k and in great condition with all the original log books. We'll probably be the fourth owners judging from the limited history we know.

Will need a couple of small things done like a new battery judging by it's recent service history reports but it's been looked after well in the past and will continue to do so.

We pick up the car next week...the current owners were desperate to sell as they are going to NZ.

Can't wait to buzz around in it. The test drive was very positive.

I'll take this opportunity to ask a couple of questions...

What does the "Seca" mean...not getting satisfactory answers on the net. I've seen Corollas without the seca badge.

I'm aware the Ascent is a entry level but am I right in thinking parts will be easier to come by than say the Conquests or Levines ( I don't see many Ultras). For an entry level I'm OK with the Mod Cons of the car....even after the Mazda 626.

I'm looking forward to joining in the community.

Thanks

PS Will post pictures when I get the car.....

What does the "Seca" mean...not getting satisfactory answers on the net. I've seen Corollas without the seca badge.

Seca is just Toyota's terminology for a Corolla hatch - it originated from the AE8x/9x series which had both hatchback and liftback models, to differentiate between the two the liftback version was called Seca. After the AE9x series Toyota moved away from seperate hatch/liftback versions (although there was a liftback AE102 Sprinter to compliment the local hatchback) and just called all their 5-door Corollas "Seca" regardless of it they were a liftback style (ala AE112) or hatchback (ZZE122). If there are ones out there without the Seca badge it usually means that the badge has been taken off (either because of accident damage repair, de-badging for style or simply because it sounds a bit silly)

• Like 1