AE112 Ascent - Monkeyboyvin

monkeyboyvin

De-badging my car was a fail. To get that glue off was a mission. You can still see where the badges were LOL

I just heated the glue up and got some fishing wire.

Then I f***** it...

Will be attempting to probably de-badge my car this weekend, also riding hard and low has finally start to come at a cost. Must of hit something hard recently to partially damage the front cv joint on the right hand side. Seems to give a small knock noise when i turn right but only at low speeds of 10 and below.

Not too keen to just run out instantly and go buy a new cv joint over 1 little knock. The car will live and it will be just a daily driver till I get a stable job and graduate. Other than that new problem I think im just waiting on the Lights from japan and if Evolve Body Coatings will get in more bloody sprayers so that i can purchase a kit and repaint the car before uni starts to kick into gear.

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures tonight mate =p i've haven't had time to exercise my excitement of opening the parcel...... Thanks to import monster, their service was great. Shipped within 3 business days.

I only opened up 1 so far, the packaging was perfect. Glad wrapped and cleaned, bubble wrap then some classic Japanese newspaper.

$100 Roughly for the whole set, it then added up to ~330 roughly. So it was the shipment from the seller to import monster in japan, then shipment to my house, all in all it adds up and also tax and Commission hence the pricey shipping payment. But it was fast and well worth it.

I'll get to removing the badges this weekend and installing the lights hopefully.

1185537_10151584113732549_1623425185_n.jThey are pristine clear and clean. All globes still installed as well. I'm sure anyone else on here would agree they look much better than the lights we got for the face-lift model.

• Like 1

Bad news for the project, just recently got yellow stickered ..... defect notice for the ridiculous rims. In accordance to safety it needs to comply, the only problem I suspect that i won't pass the check is the fact that it sticks outside the fenders. The only way i can beat that is if I get some cheap ***** bolt on fenders from ebay. In logic the police guy was quite nice, he could of been hell of ***** and ticked every box and fined me for random stuff. But all he gave me was a sticker and a note to what i had to comply with. Steering, tyres and suspension.

Tyres and Rims are within the limit of the regulation.

Suspension just needs to be lifted relatively close to stock height or within +-50mm of stock height.

Steering was just an add on because of the camber.

ITS JUST THE BODY!!!!! ><

Life of a car enthusiast =D

Looks like i might have to just hold off for the end of the year, repaint the car white plastidip and give it a military weathered look with brown/black/grey plastidip spray cans.

That sux mate. Lucky you got a "nice" cop. Like you said, couldve been a lot worse.

Always wondered about the legality of having stance

And that's why I got something a bit decent lol

• 6 months later...

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE

Bodykit is about to go off to paint this monday and will be fitted the following sunday hopefully.

Wheels will probably go on this week or next week depending how i feel.

side note : I been meaning to get a Trunk lip spoiler

I've been noticing two similar parts but the seller was reluctant to tell me that it did not suit my ae112 2000 year. ( Picture 3&4)

I want to purchase the TRD Ducktail for the ae110 from overseas but sadly they do not do international shipping. ( Picture 1&2 suties my car )

Although i can purchase this one from ebay at 200 dollars ( Picture 3&4 not sure if it suits my car ) for a Toyota Altis 2001-2007

1379236013AE111%20TRD%20DTL4.jpg

1379236013ae111%20trd%20dtl.jpg1.jpg4.jpg

As you can see they have strikingly similar appearance and size. To my research it seems that both were known as the toyota altis and from pictures the boot lid dimension at the end seem roughly the same.

Opinions guys? Do i gamble and buy it and attempt to fit it even though if its a little bit bigger.

213220888_213048389e8a0b327ad75240d6096c233735247_23325658f167a3e2764804e6fdd85a

Edited by monkeyboyvin

The white Altis is the SE-Asia/US ZZE122 sedan (we got the JDM one which looks different), not the AE112 Superifcially they may look similar but I'd doubt that major dimensions (and in this case the key one being boot width) would be the same since the ZZE122 was the first of the Corollas to move to a "tall-boy" body-style.

I did an image comparison using the corolla badge as a common source of length. It seems that the difference in length is about 5% difference (AE112 boot seems a bit larger). My concern was the fact that the boot look slightly different and wasn't sure if there was a bend in the AE112 model.

My original plan was to buy a newer model lip spoiler from the 06+ models? and try to form it into my boot, but it seemed to daunting as the size and shape difference was too much. So this may be less of a gamble as they look roughly the same.

All in all i might reconsider doing it after i get my front end fixed and a front lip purchased

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought i would upload something super useful to all the corolla owners on here the MANUAL GUIDE =D THE WHOLE BIBLE TO DIY

Been using this as a guide for my ae112 2000, its the european model for the book but most of the interior is the same except for the engine which is different. All in all it is pretty much the same and has been super helpful to me in removing my cluster and interior.

UPDATE
Will hopefully have the new cluster in with the new lights by end of this weekend.
Centre console lights have blown and out of position and constantly turn off as well as the transmission illuminator has blown.

Next month
Hopefully my friend will find some time to paint my bodykit if not then i will try another friend.

Will show the progress on next update

Not sure if i can upload it but i will try.

http://www.4shared.com/office/YUMY0Duvba/toyota_corolla_e11_manual.html

You guys can thank my later.