Which Dealer?? (Melbourne)

Hi Guys!

I'm new here so I hope I post this on the right forum.

I'm looking at getting a Yaris soon. Since I've never bought a new car before and don't know anyone who has bought a toyota before was just wondering if anyone can recommend a dealer to go to in melbourne.

Also, I get what "goverment charges" mean, but how about dealer delivery? From my research on the net they can be up to $1600!! Can't I just pick up the car so I don't have to pay that much?

Sorry for he newbish question...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi Guys!

I'm looking at getting a Yaris soon. Since I've never bought a new car before and don't know anyone who has bought a toyota before was just wondering if anyone can recommend a dealer to go to in melbourne.

Also, I get what "goverment charges" mean, but how about dealer delivery? From my research on the net they can be up to $1600!! Can't I just pick up the car so I don't have to pay that much?

Hey there~ First off, welcome and enjoy your stay :D

Glen Waverley (Lane Toyota) are who i recommend to go and see. They're a bunch of nice guys and they know their stuff (unlike many other dealers). Although, not all dealers have the Yaris in yet, so it's probably best to ring around to see which ones have it in their showrooms.

Dealer delivery fee is something you must pay. Standard delivery fee for my corolla was $999 (at Lane Toyota). It's the charge you pay for the Dealer getting the car brought over to Australia, not the fee that you pay for them to deliver it to your door. It sucks i know, but what can we do? :angry:

Hey thanks for the reply!

I'll be sure to check them out.

Going to the dealers this weekend, I hope I got lucky :)

i bought one

they unable to budge on the RRP price and will not remove the ORC for you .. its such a new car so they wont budge...

if ur on budget u might as well get an ascent corolla for $1k more

We got our Yaris for good price coz I had a friend at Toyota HQ and they threw in lots of extras and gave us a trade in price which is at the top range of the private sale price.

Hi Guys!

I can recommend Frankston Toyota as a dealer to visit. Stay clear from Cannon,Brighton and Nunawading Toyota over priced and very pushy.

i bought one

they unable to budge on the RRP price and will not remove the ORC for you .. its such a new car so they wont budge...

if ur on budget u might as well get an ascent corolla for $1k more

We got our Yaris for good price coz I had a friend at Toyota HQ and they threw in lots of extras and gave us a trade in price which is at the top range of the private sale price.

really? :(

my budget is 16k hoping to get the YR 5 door, don't really need any extras, am I dreaming?

how much ORC did you end up paying romp?

See Brent Cannon or Justin Gitz from Cannon Toyota at Camberwell and tell them that Donna sent you. they did me a great price on my stivo, no dealer charges or stamp duty paid by me and i got some things thrown in too ;)

Anywhere except LANE toyota in Glen waverley, they're pushy and the price ain't good.

Had a heap of probs with Nunawading,when buying a rolla in 03. Pushy and rude. Lane Toyota would not quote over phone. Got a fantastic from Frankston then.Never looked back.

Regards,

Lauschie

I can recommend Frankston Toyota as a dealer to visit. Stay clear from Cannon,Brighton and Nunawading Toyota over priced and very pushy.

thanks lauschie, Frankston is a bit too far for me but I'll give it a go if I can..

gday the gazer,

I live in oakleigh and travel to frankston for every service which is abt 32kms away. When I bought my rolla in 03 i paid 22400. They threw in tinted window,floor mats,free tank of petrol,free loan car when my car was getting serviced,10% off servicing costs and parts,including extras,extended warranty from 3 to 5 years. Usually quote for parts is higher then what you pay. E.g. Bought sportivo wheels quoted 655.00 paid 565.00.

All the best,

Lauschie

thanks lauschie, Frankston is a bit too far for me but I'll give it a go if I can..

gday the gazer,

I live in oakleigh and travel to frankston for every service which is abt 32kms away. When I bought my rolla in 03 i paid 22400. They threw in tinted window,floor mats,free tank of petrol,free loan car when my car was getting serviced,10% off servicing costs and parts,including extras,extended warranty from 3 to 5 years. Usually quote for parts is higher then what you pay. E.g. Bought sportivo wheels quoted 655.00 paid 565.00.

All the best,

Lauschie

you need to go and bargain in person and then fight the dealers off each other .. get 3-4 dealer prices and jsut get each one trying to beat each other ...

if you cant get price then u get accessories

my Gf's YR yaris was 16490 but auto ... manual is 14490 i think

ORC is $2k