Removing Stock CAMRY SPORTIVO 2003/4 CD?

camry1990

Hi,

Was wondering if the guides by Northy and the other guide by someone else (sorry, forgot their user name) is the same for the Camry Sportivo (2003/4)?

The Stock CD Player looks similar to the Corolla as shown in the guide but without the casette deck.

Also wondering if there are any harnesses for the Sportivo (Camry 2003/4? not sure which year exactly but same gen I suppose).

Thrid question is the speaker system. My Pioneer MP3 Player only "supports" (that is has wires for 4 speakers), now I believe the Camry Sportivo has a 6 speaker system, if I attach it, how will I get the remaining two speakers to work?

* Do I twist together the wires of 2 sets of speakers and join it onto the Pioneer deck?

* Or aren't I able to use the 6 speakers but only 4.

Hi,

Was wondering if the guides by Northy and the other guide by someone else (sorry, forgot their user name) is the same for the Camry Sportivo (2003/4)?

The Stock CD Player looks similar to the Corolla as shown in the guide but without the casette deck.

Also wondering if there are any harnesses for the Sportivo (Camry 2003/4? not sure which year exactly but same gen I suppose).

Thrid question is the speaker system. My Pioneer MP3 Player only "supports" (that is has wires for 4 speakers), now I believe the Camry Sportivo has a 6 speaker system, if I attach it, how will I get the remaining two speakers to work?

* Do I twist together the wires of 2 sets of speakers and join it onto the Pioneer deck?

* Or aren't I able to use the 6 speakers but only 4.

If the speaker setup is the same as the Corolla, then the 4 front speakers will be wired together (eg. 2 front right connected into 1 front right wire).

Yeah, these speakers are known at splits.

There is one large (probably 6") and one small (1") speaker wired together through a crossover which means there is only one set of wires to run 2 speakers on each side..

therefore splits at the front = 2 wires (but 4 speakers) and your rear speakers take another 2 wires. All should fit into your deck...

thats assuming its the same as a corolla or course.

to answer your question about wiring harnesses... if you go and look at places like repco and supercheap auto, you might pick one up. i was unable to get one for my corolla so i found a site on the net which showed the wiring colours. i cut the plug off and just manually connected each wire using the manual on my head unit and this diagram.

ill post the site up if i can find it again. if not search these forums, its posted here too.

Edited by blue_rolla

hmm...

well it looks to me you have a Camry Sportivo 4-cyl.

you only have 4 speakers, so i guess you dont have to worry about the 6 speaker thing when installing your new deck ;)

unless you installed the tweeters later, after you bought it?

The Altise I4 and Sportivo I4 get the 4 speaker system,

the Ateva I4, Altise V6, Ateva V6, Sportivo V6, and Azura got the 6 speaker systems.

hmm...

well it looks to me you have a Camry Sportivo 4-cyl.

you only have 4 speakers, so i guess you dont have to worry about the 6 speaker thing when installing your new deck ;)

unless you installed the tweeters later, after you bought it?

The Altise I4 and Sportivo I4 get the 4 speaker system,

the Ateva I4, Altise V6, Ateva V6, Sportivo V6, and Azura got the 6 speaker systems.

Hi Terry,

Yes it's the 4 cylinder version Sportivo, (Assumed that you guessed it because I said the CD was without the casette deck).

There seems to be some tweeters or something near the edge of the front panel and window on both sides. So firstly that was why I'd assume it was 6.

Btw, thanks for all the replies guys.

Still, is the removal procedure the same as the Corolla as shown? The air con/panel beneath the stereo looks sort of different from the Corolla. I've done installations (amatuer) on pre-air bags cars but with these new cars, anyone know if you can accidentally set off the air bags (expensive to put em back in).

Edited by camry1990

^

yeah i did get that from when you said Single CD without Cassette :P

anyway, so you just want to remove the radio?

ive done that before, it isnt too hard ;)

i posted it on here a little while ago...

get a flathead screwdriver and a cloth to cover it, so you dont scratch anything.

and pry at the surrounding panel at the points maked with the Green Arrows, but be aware there are 4 clips behind, marked with the Red Circles.

After you do that, look around the radio, and there should be 4 bolts holding it in, just undo them, and your done ;)

P3190046e.jpg

P9160011e.jpg

^

yeah i did get that from when you said Single CD without Cassette :P

anyway, so you just want to remove the radio?

ive done that before, it isnt too hard ;)

i posted it on here a little while ago...

get a flathead screwdriver and a cloth to cover it, so you dont scratch anything.

and pry at the surrounding panel at the points maked with the Green Arrows, but be aware there are 4 clips behind, marked with the Red Circles.

After you do that, look around the radio, and there should be 4 bolts holding it in, just undo them, and your done ;)

P3190046e.jpg

P9160011e.jpg

Terry,

Thanks heaps doode.

It's my old man's Camry but I can't stand the stock radio whenever I drive it. I'm planning on putting in my Pioneer DEH-2750MP entry level model. Was wondering if there was some sort of harness for this generation???

Does the Clock come off with the panel? Looks like that in the pics. The clips are sort of similar to my 1990 Camry.

PS: Could you give me the direct link to your DIY removal of your stereo?

Edited by camry1990

^

i dont got a DIY for this :lol:

i posted it before in some other thread when someone else asked a similar question.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3800

but what i posted above, is all you need to know for removal ;)

yes, the clock is attached to the panel, so just be aware of that.

but as far as the radio harness goes, i have no idea...

sorry i cant help with that area...

anyway, good luck with it B)

hey

couple of months ago i changed the Stock Headunit with the 7" Monitor (mp3,dvd,tv,etc...) it was pretty easy to install them. all you need to do is splice the harness and solder the new connection. :D

cool so there is a harness? mind telling me where you got it from?

I can't afford a kick ***** system, still a uni student ahahaha.