Why did you buy a Camry?

Cosmo

well i bought mine because i knew the previous owner (my old man), and it had just had a new engine put in making it alot more reliable than most other cars at that price... also you get 4cyl economy with a medium size car's handling and interior room etc.. not a bad reliable 1st ride;

Performance is great - my Grandparents own a 01 Conquest with the 1MZ in it... has no balls compared to my 95 Tourer with the 3VZ unfortunately, even though theirs is meant to be 5kw more powerful, lol... (prob ECU needs to be recalibrated).

• 3 weeks later...

CAMRY........ = ........ COMFORT thats what comes out from my mind.

I buy my camry sportivo 2003 cause i want both Looks, Fuel saver, Speed, COMFORT.......and camry provide me with all of these qualities that i need :toast: . It is also a huge car so it has a lot of space for me and my friends (once i put 8 people in the camry and the suspension is still act like i am driving a benz!!! :yahoo: ) The car is also easy to modified and it rarely have any problem at all basically easy maintainance car.........I love my camry but i have got to part wit it in 2006..... well its been 3 damn good year we have gone trough together ;)

• 2 weeks later...

why a camry because i became a dad so had to sold my supra mk4 n/a to buy a camry sportivo mid 06 model and was worth it cos i got it for only 23gs with under 35,000kms also came with leather

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

to tru to tru :P

well for me i was really after a gen3 because all my mates had nissan skylines and ***** and i just wanted to be different. Bought a 1998 camry csi completely stock. Wanted to do up sumthing that wasnt like everythnig else. Turned out to be the only one of its kind on the gold coast, then a year ago the previous owner of the one i have now was selling his. was a feature car in fast fours and i thought why not, once in a lifetime oppurtunity. so now i have two one of a kind camrys lol

I currently have a 2003 Corolla Sportivo. I have been having issues with my left foot and it is starting to ache now after 30 mins of driving manual.

I don't want to lose the leather seats or climate control so I am changing to a 2003 Camry Azura. Incidentally they go for around the same price :)

Looking forward to driving that auto 6 and to be honest, I am really looking forward to not having some stupid potatoe head try to run me every set of lights :).

Edited by Blade Hunter

The dream of transforming it into a sleeper...(reality now) and burning all those non-believers that camry's can be fast.

Edited by STYLSH

My first car ever was a 1979 Corolla - was a great car,old lady owner and low kays,perfect as a first car. :D

Have had Holdens,A BMW,A Mazda 626,another two Holdens and then was offered a 1987 SV21 CSX sedan for free from a friend who had a govt job transfer far away and the dept he worked for would only transport one car up for him so it had to be off-loaded.

I got the Roadworthy certificate for it,registered it,bought two new front tyres for it and changed the oil so far and have done approx 10,000 km's on it in about 16 months with no dramas. :clap:

This particular model seem to be so easy to drive and not that difficult to get parts for either.

As a daily driver for getting to work and even long trips this is a comfortable and pleasant car to cruise in.

That's good enough for me. :yahoo:

N.B. I found a 1988 exec sedan off ebay for my younger sister who just got her Provisional license and needed a first car and she loves driving it,so they are now becoming a family fave.....

Drove a friends back to his place one day when he got too loaded to drive. Loved it. Was a sv21 and I have always had Toyotas, celica ta22 is still in the family, a rolla p/van, and another

celica and even own a coaster too :P

Had my sv21 cs-x come along and now have had her for 11 years. Totally reliable, original engine doesnt miss a beat. Also have a couple of vzv 21's with a couple of issue to iron out but will

get there eventually. <_<

• 3 weeks later...

Got my 2003 Sportivo V6 Camry cuz a good friend moved to US.

Rather reluctant buy at first but got offered a good price for a car that had done less than 80K.

Now done nearly 100K. Absolute trouble free motoring (except for a dead battery after 2 months when I came back from o/seas) during this time. I get Toyota service every 7,500 kms.

While power is not stunning, its not half bad.

While looks doesn't turn heads, its not ugly either.

All in all an honest car that gets me from A to B in relative comfort and peace of mind that I may be able to get another 100K without any hassles.

Fingers crossed.

• 3 weeks later...
Got my 2003 Sportivo V6 Camry cuz a good friend moved to US.

Rather reluctant buy at first but got offered a good price for a car that had done less than 80K.

Now done nearly 100K. Absolute trouble free motoring (except for a dead battery after 2 months when I came back from o/seas) during this time. I get Toyota service every 7,500 kms.

While power is not stunning, its not half bad.

While looks doesn't turn heads, its not ugly either.

All in all an honest car that gets me from A to B in relative comfort and peace of mind that I may be able to get another 100K without any hassles.

Fingers crossed.

I bought my 99' 2.2L is because it is oz made, the door is much heavier than overseas model. I found i still can find some genuine parts from overseas with very low price. But anyway, it is rarely a chance to do overhaul service. Good on Camry!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have found that the Camry's are good value for your money.

This is my second Camry, I purchased it last week, it's an April 2004 Sportivo, 2.4L, silver with moon roof, 131000km on the clock, for $13000 from a car yard. Beautiful car to drive.

I traded in my old 1987 Camry, 210000km on clock and never missed a beat.

I had a Corolla wagon before that, I rebuilt its engine and drove it halfway around Australia!

I love my new Camry. :D

Firstly, a quick hello to everyone while I make my first post here :yahoo:

Bought my Camry in March this year with 85,000km on the clock for $5,000 [deceased estate] and managed to sell my old car [1997 Mitsubishi with a slightly dodgy transmission] for $7,500. You could say I more or less scored myself a bargain :D Just over six months down the track, it's done 92,500km and I'm more or less wrapped with it. It's basic [mine has air conditioning ... that's pretty much it] but it's quiet, comfortable, and surprisingly good on fuel. I do a combination of stop-start traffic and freeway driving, don't use PULP, and get around 10 litres / 100km out of a 4cyl auto. Not a bad car to go to and fro uni, work and clubbing in!