TRD Aurion Removing the Supercharger Help

Seeree

Has anyone removed the Supercharger off the TRD Aurion before?
ive been stumped for the last few days and looks to be a NIGHTMARE of a job or just need some really customised tools

so ive been trying to remove the Fuel Rail.. looks to be a bolt on top and a nut on the bottom... cant seem to get a wrench or anything on the bottom nut

as for unbolting the plenum there is one bolt that i can only fit a socket onto its right in there and i cant seem to get anything to turn it

(pic attached - supercharger bulges out over the fuel rail) any ideas?

Why you ask? im planning to install a MAP sensor, Air Temp Sensor and possibly a Water to Air intercooler

post-32902-0-61230700-1370256763_thumb.j

If you bought a Bluetooth OBD 2 port reader.

Linked that to an Android device Tab 2 Samsung or Android Phone.

The OBD reader will display all of that and more on your tablet with a Torque App from google play there is a free App one and for $4.95.

Oh and the Blue tooth reader is around 15-20 Bucks get it on ebay etc.

Cheers.

Edited by Roughasguts

The TRD runs the standard OBDII interface, and it has a huge amount of sensors.

I've got Torque and the dongle, best combination ever. Can't tell you if it has the MAP and air temp sensors, as mine isn't at home at the moment.

Yup Mine has MAP, inlet Temp, EGT, fuel pressure, Barometric pressure, you name it basically it's there on the tourqe app. Transmission temp doesn't seem to read anything but the coolant temp! that may or may not be normal I can't figure that out yet.

a 7.0 tablet fits nicely between the ashtray and the air control knobs, see if can get a picture maybe tomorrow.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...

i dont seem to see ANY sort of sensors after the supercharger.... still doing my head in trying to remove the superchager

i dont seem to see ANY sort of sensors after the supercharger.... still doing my head in trying to remove the superchager

maybe u should go to sleep instead of attempting this at 3.17am in the morning... LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Siri

I hope that you can find the way to solve the problem.

I found you from google search. I was looking for supercharger of my camry V6

I'm living near Los Angeles area and take my camry to track often.

If you want to sell or trade your charger, please let me know.

I'm very interested in purchasing supercharger for my camry.

Unfortunately supercharger is not available in my area.

Thanks in advance.

David

suddenfoto@aol.com

I think there is a bit more involved with just bolting a supercharger on. I hear the VVTi oil hose (that there was a recall on) is different on the TRD's, as well as all the extra pulleys plus belt to be fitted.
On that (belt) note, if the height of the charger is changed on top of the motor, to fit a cooler in, chances are the belt will not fit.
other things to look at would be the wiring loom and computer too.