New Chrome Wheels

Skitzo

Just got these put on today :D Im very happy with them, Im gonna put king springs on them when I save up a bit more cash, so untill then it can look like im driving a 4 x 4 :lol:

The wheels are CSA dominators in chrome, the tyres are federal (super steel) ?

Click the pics for a bigger picture.

40600003a.jpg

40600002a.jpg

Im very happy with the outcome.... changes the way the rolla drives so much.

Around the $2000 mark

Tyres... I honestly dont know what make they are, I let paul (my wheel guy) throw some decent ones on that gave me a bit of a discount.

They say 'super steel' and 'federal' on the actual tyre.... meh... they look great and feel great to drive on so im not that fussy.

They look nice man

though they will be had to keepclean along with your black car

congrats on the purchase

:( But... But... But.... I sorta have a blue car..... :lol:

E-Gene - I have never been a fan either, these wheels just seemed to be different though, they dont have the tacky look that the majority of over done rice.. I mean... Chrome wheels do.

they dont have the tacky look that the majority of over done rice.. I mean... Chrome wheels do.

Lol dude, your asking about getting an exhaust tip for your ascent and getting sportivo kits for your ascent and here you are bagging out ricers.

they dont have the tacky look that the majority of over done rice.. I mean... Chrome wheels do.

Lol dude, your asking about getting an exhaust tip for your ascent and getting sportivo kits for your ascent and here you are bagging out ricers.

:D Dont you love a hypocryte? (sp?)

Nah, I want to get the sportivo skirts for my car, and lower it.

Im trying to pretty much learn about exhausts and etc. since I really dont know anything about them. Thats all.

I am a bit of a Ricer il admit, not so much that I want to get neons all around my car and put NOS stickers all over it though.

federals lovely! chrome is very heavy that would mean the car now drives differently.

looking in your wheel wells it looks like your car was made in south africa. was it?

wheel wells in corollas (i do not know about sportivo) from south africa are finished hard but from japan they are soft.

federals lovely!

looking in your wheel wells it looks like your car was made in south africa. was it?

chrome is very heavy that would mean the car now drives differently.

Yeah, probably made in South Africa.

Whilst the chrome may be heavier, the low profile tyres even out the handling, so it actually feels much better to drive and has a much better take off than before.

Need to go back on Saturday to get the wheels rebalanced. I think one of the weights that balances out the wheels has fallen off by accident. The steering wheel vibrates pretty harshly now... but its gonna be fixed up easily so im not too bothered

low profile tyres should be rougher because there is less rubber between your wheels and the road. you should feel bumps and holes more. you should have increased handling because of the federals. federals are lovely but rare. i think the dealer used these because the load rating is 88. the only other brand i have found with 215-40-17 rating 88 is nankang.

low profile tyres should be rougher because there is less rubber between your wheels and the road. you should feel bumps and holes more. you should have increased handling because of the federals. federals are lovely but rare. i think the dealer used these because the load rating is 88. the only other brand i have found with 215-40-17 rating 88 is nankang.

I am feeling absolutly every bump at the moment... yes that is true. But the smooth handeling of the car has improved so much that its nothing to complain about.

I think I struck it lucky with this dealer as he really has treated me incredibly well.

The dealer clearly did his research into what he needed specifically for the corolla. No doubts about that, that is why im trusting him with fitting my suspension to lower the car.

The dealer clearly did his research into what he needed specifically for the corolla.  No doubts about that, that is why im trusting him with fitting my suspension to lower the car.

good to hear you have a good dealer but do you have lock nuts? i do not think so from your picture. nearly every dealer that sells a package will have lock nuts and especially from chrome wheels.

did you request 215-40 ?

205-45 is a typically a truer match for your speedometer.

and if you can please let me know what load rating are the tyres you have. i am seeing a dealer on saturday but if you could let me know beforehand that would be helpful.

federal ss595 is the best tyre from federal.

The dealer clearly did his research into what he needed specifically for the corolla.  No doubts about that, that is why im trusting him with fitting my suspension to lower the car.

good to hear you have a good dealer but do you have lock nuts? i do not think so from your picture. nearly every dealer that sells a package will have lock nuts and especially from chrome wheels.

did you request 215-40 ?

205-45 is a typically a truer match for your speedometer.

I have locknuts. ;)

The tyre size was reccomended by toyota, .... he rang them up in front of me and thats why they recommended.

i never regular service with the dealer because i find they are poorly trained. i only use them for warranty but it must be free of charge.

215-40 is fine but toyota should know the truest match is 205-45. the difference is a tiny 12.5mm but i think they should know.

i contacted federal head office. they told me

is this your tyre?

ss595 215-40 R17 (rrp $186.00 includes gst)

load rating 83 (487 kg)

section width 220 mm

overall diameter 602 mm

ascent load rating is 88 (560 kg)

you should match the load rating or have higher. i do not know what the rta is like in your state but victoria the place to be defected. also it is not safe!