Semi Slick Tyres or Slicks ?

xoom

Hi Guys,

Ok guys now i know running slicks on the road would be illegal but on the track these would be ok .... i was thinking about getting either slicks or semi slicks and having them on another set of rims only for the front and pulling them out only for the special occasions ;) ;) ;) ;)

Now i know if i go slicks for these 2 wheels ill have to lug them in the boot until changing them down at the track where as semi slicks i could drive down with them on no need to change wheels etc .....

But can anyone recommend a good set or slicks or semi slicks ....and what are ur thoughts on the slicks vs semi slicks ???

cheers

Bill

Full slicks require fine tuning of the Camber and Caster and would not be worth the grip advantage without fully adjustable coil-overs, if not you will just destroy the tyres too quickly. Semi-slicks are a little more forgiving for set up errors and are often streel legal too I had a list made up of relative prices and performance that I'll try and dig up for you Bill... My desk look like a bomb site at the moment so if I don't get back to you in a couple of days remind me ;)