Vibrating Hilux

CarlosHilux

Hi guys,

I recently purchased a 2013 SR2 Hilux Extra Cab. From day one the car hasn't felt normal. The vehicle starts to vibrate at speeds of 40km/h and from 80km/h and above. The worse vibrations are felt at about 105km/h

It's been twice back to the dealership and they have found nothing wrong at all. At technical expert from Toyota has test driven and inspected the cab and gave it the OK. According to them the car doesn't have any abnormalities at all. All Hilux's vibrate because they have a very hard suspension and are meant to be carrying heavy weight they have said. Perhaps, overtime or if I carry extra weight the vibration will fade away but the cant guarantee that either.

Has anybody else in here experienced the same problem?

The car has only done 2,500 Km and don't plan in clocking up too many K's because I really want my money back if all Hilux's vibrate.

Before this one I use to own a SR2 with a Double Cabin and never had any issues such as this.

Please help!

Thanks

Vibrations due to stiff suspension is a "it's too hard to really figure out" diagnosis and I wouldn't be accepting that as an answer. Vibrations can be very difficult to trace and it sounds like the dealer is taking the lazy way out rather than spend hours diagnosing the real problem.

Write to head office about your dramas and disappointment with that dealership's attitude - The car is practically brand new and hence should drive like a new vehicle.

bad wheel ballance, loose wheels, out of round tyres, bad tailshaft all possibles. New tyres will wear in to their normal condition, then they should be ballanced propperly. It's normal for new tyres to be ballanced AFTER some 1000K's or so. they usually don't need doing again for some time after then. If the steering wheel is vibrating, it's almost certainly wheel ballance, or shock absorber problems, tie rods are unlikely but not impossible. Dealer is being a bum. He should be roasted severely for not fixing this. What tyres are you running-std or something big and heavy?

• 2 weeks later...

I have received nothing but the same answers over and over again. Even after writting an official complaint to Toyota Australia (Customer Experience). I have now take it up to the next level of getting Consumer Affairs VIC involve. If that doesn't work it may have to turn into a legal battle.

Just to be sure--it's not the roads you're driving on? It happens all the time, on any road surface? And it's a NEW car-not demo or repossessed etc?

Edited by Manxman

Steven, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to post their reply as it may turn into a legal battle. But they just expressed that everything was operating as normal and designed.

Manxman - we only do city driving, none off road driving at all. The car was bought brand new, we have to wait 3 months for delivery.

Ask dealer for list of exactly what work has been done on car, maybe, maybe something has been dismantled and incorrectly re-assembled prior to delivery or early in life of car? Need to get them to check tailshaft spline alignments, bent/dented/loose/ tailshaft or center brg. etc. My Q abt the roads was to be sure it's not just poor roads where you drive causing road noise/vibration. There are bad patches zones and roads about, and I was trying to eliminate that source. We wish you well, and hope you find the problem. Also, bad/poor pressure/old/parked tyres can have flat spots. Look for the tyre manufacturing date info, prob on the inner sidewall, the week number and the year in 2 digits each in an oval stamp. It's normal to hide this info from customers. A bad/dangerous practice IMHO.