Dual Auto Window Switch - Celica

zrb

Ok, So I'm trying to get the passengers side window on my 7th gen Celica to be auto like the drivers side. So first push put the window down, if you push a little further (second click) the window goes down automatically.

I bought a window switch last night and took it apart this morning to see if I can get this working.

I'll explain what I did with the pics below:

So as you can see here, the drivers side has 4 holes and the passenger side 2. This is where the small plastic rods go. The passenger side has the circles for the other rods, but is obviously covered. So I decided to drill holes and place rods from the other switch there.

blswhl_zps97649737.jpg

blswhldn_zps96c329e6.jpg

plsrod_zps93c9d8ac.jpg

swnorod_zpsab7d197e.jpg

swwtrod_zpsb764dd2a.jpg

Now as you can see from the below pic, the passengers side circuitry is the same, minus the LED. But it still has a section for the LED. Even the rubber gromit that goes over has a clear section for the LED to shine through.

swboard_zpse7c2e040.jpg

swgmit_zps9f4913fd.jpg

So when you push down on the switch, the rods pushes down. You only need one switch for the window to go up and down, but there is the one next to it for Auto. So the gromit is designed with 2 nubs for the up and down. On one side, the nub is closer to the board, on the other side, it's higher.

When you push down on the switch, it pushes both rods down, but only one reaches the board through the gromit. As you push down further (second click) it's enough to be able to push down the higher side of the gromit onto the board, hencer activating Auto down.

I put the switches on. Tested fine in terms of the double press down and vice versa. Though when connecting it, the passenger side doesn't work.

I thought the plastic rod was not reaching. So what I did, was to connect the board to the switch connector and press the buttons using the gromit. So just using the gromt, if I press 1 bottom one on the drivers side, the window goes up. Press the 2 bottom ones together and it goes up automatically and vice versa.

But it still does not work on the drivers side. This has me stumped as the circuitry is the same on both sides and cannot see a difference. I can't see any reason as to why this wouldn't work and I don't think it has anything to do with the motor inside the doors.

Anyone ever attempted this on any car or any ideas?

Edited by zrb
  • Like 1