12v power in the boot. Please help!

Tomorrow I am going to get my exhaust made, it will be 2 1/2" strait through with no resonator and twin varex mufflers 2 1/2" in and out. So keen...!

Problem is I need 12v power to run the remotes for the mufflers.

They come with a cigarette plug but I really don't want to be running any wires through the car or pulling the car apart.

Is there anywhere in the boot that I can tap into to get the power?

I have a towbar with 7pin flat plug but I don't know if I can get power form that.

Pleeeeeaae help, exhaust goes on tomorrow morning and I really want it all working.

I have the 2013 aurion touring.

Thanks

there would most likely be a 12v in your tow bar but no idea what wire. best way to find out is to get a multimeter and see which wires give 12v. otherwise, you'll just have to run wires from the cigarette lighter

Hi Jake ,

the boys will or should run the cable under the car along the speed sensor lines (if thats what it is) , towards the front , up the engine bay and should hardwire it to the battery.

that way it will have constant power even when the car is off , and you could control the exhaust even when the car is off. and no it will not kill your battery as it only drains little

I am getting the exhaust made but I am doing the wiring myself.

If I could wire it to the towbar that would be perfect. I opened the 7 pun plug and the wires read

Signal r

Tail

Aux

Earth

Ser. Bk.

Brake

Signal L

It doesn't have to have constant power, only when the car is on will be ok.

I'm not real good with electrics but don't think any of those are gonna help you. Don't think any of them will supply constant power (ie. Tail only when headlights are on, brake only when pedal is depressed, turn only when indicators are on). I'd try to run a constant feed from your ignition. Someone else here who knows more might be able to prove me wrong. If not, and you can't run power from the front, I'd be opting for the brake circuit. Just means you have to have your foot on the brake pedal to manipulate the mufflers.

Also, fuel guage sensor would have a constant (with ignition on) power supply. Perhaps look at that. Like I said, I'm not good with electrics so don't know if this would work or is a bad idea. Good luck.

The aux pin (No 2) on the trailer wiring pin MAY be a 12 volt line - but it is more likely to be connected to reversing lights. If the towbar and wiring were done by Toyota it will almost certainly be wired as reversing lights.

Usually the aux pin is only wired up with constant 12 volt power when the wiring is specifically set up to tow a caravan/camper trailer.