A computer in the rolla?

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50581

Check out my fellow pov modder in canada man!

I'm inspired! will start doing exploration into how to do this (i've got a barebones pc lying around at doing nothing anyway)

P.s. Can you guys suggest how to power this sucker? I'm thinking one of those invertors I see on ebay that tap either the 12v Ciggy lighter or directly from the battery (then i'll have to make a relay switch for it). Any ideas on what the adverse effects of running an invertor in the car all the time are?

There are pc power supplies designed for car use.

Give me a sec to find the linkie -- and I'll link you up :)

cartft - powersupply page

Theres a stack more that I have because I like the idea of putting a 7" touch screen in the dash in the stock spot ... attached to my incar pc (in progress as I slowly save money... I'm a POV modder too and have other things I want to do first....) with a blue tooth game pad so my passengers can play games while I drive :)

I'd also like to connect a ps2 to the touch screen as well so you can switch - one second doing PC things, the next playing games on the PS2 ....

Edited by Guest

man u dont need 2 do all that to get a pc into your car ...... u can actually purchase mini computers which are purpose built for car/boat applications .... from memory the base was no bigger than a tissue box..... i mean i have a HP e-vectra at home which is punny also no bigger than a toaster .... top marks for creativity though .....

i had a link if i find it i will post but this dude has gone out of his way for no reason ....

man u dont need 2 do all that to get a pc into your car ...... u can actually purchase mini computers which are purpose built for car/boat applications .... from memory the base was no bigger than a tissue box..... i mean i have a HP e-vectra at home which is punny also no bigger than a toaster .... top marks for creativity though .....

i had a link if i find it i will post but this dude has gone out of his way for no reason ....

Yeah Bill, But that's not the povo way!

I've already got a (ok more like 3) comps i can throw in the car for this project. An old school celeron 500, a slightly newer duron 1.1GHz and a amd-64 3000+

so i've already got all the mobo bits and suff, all i really want is the power supply and i'll povo up the rest!