86 hilux double cab,2.4 turbo conversion

dirtyb

Hi guys I'm new to this site,I have an 86 hilux double cab 2.4 non turbo.

I am wanting to do a turbo conversion to it as it is too slow going up hills with my boat on the back haha.

I braught a factory 2.4 turbo engine from a two door hilux surf 1989,I was going to bolt all the factory stuff on to my good running engine,but I have found that the turbo manifold has a difrent bolt up paturn.

can some one tell me if I am able to get a factory manifold that will fit my 86 engine,or will I have to make a manifold?

how big/heavy is ur boat? It may be easiest to just swap heads. you will have some 69kw [AFAIR], which ain't much to haul hi drag/heavy loads with. Your turbo will not do much under engine 2500rpm, unless you have an high load. If turbo working, you will NEED a turbo timer to aid cooling down before shutdown. Expect head problems-overheating is normal on L series-critically @ abt 250000km, sooner on turbos. It would be better to go for a 5L motor, but don't turbo it-head buster if you do. It will fit with some elect connector mods and a later gearbox to take the extra torque. [a good idea for the 2.4 turbo too] I have just finished reversing what I've recommended you do-see "...end in sight" posts. There were both factory and after market manifolds, they apparently fit different heads. A factory 2LT has a 3L head, which most DIY guys didn't change.