Fitting new seats...

This has been on the back of my mind for a while now, maybe a few years... but never got around to it as I've been tinkering with my own car. I was planning to purchase some Sportivo seats for my brother's ZZE Corolla Ascent. His driver's seat has been making an annoying knocking noise for years now. He's got a pre facelift 2003 model and most Sportivo seats I was interested in came from facelift '04 onwards models.

Pre facelift and facelift seat rail bolt locations are the same right?

Planning to get leather Sportivo door trims as well and will probably have to drill holes for the window winders too...

Thanks for that, I'll look into these further now I suppose. What's the law regarding changing seats (ADR rules etc.)? I've seen people defected for having bucket seats in the car out of all things... would replacing stock seats with seats from an "upper" model void any insurance or rules etc.?

Doubt police can tell the difference. Being Corollas, I doubt they'd pay much attention to our cars anyway. Out of all things, (I'd hope) the last thing they notice is a Sportivo seat in a non-Sportivo.
Not too sure about the actual deal, or with insuranc though.