camry sportivo got very hard suspension(photo updated)

popyouyi

Sup guys

I just bought a camry sportivo 07, done 80k km atm, but the suspension was really hard, I almost can feeling everything on the road, is that normal? its make my wife feel like sitting on a boat....

also, the car need to do a balance, coz when the speed over 120km/h the hand wheel shaking crazy, and when I turn left/right I can feel a little shake just like the message come to a mobile(same condition when I acc/breaking), is that the problem from?

need someone told me it is a big problem or just fine.

really need answer asap*-*

btw I was go for some mechanic, they told me need to change the suspension(at least front 2), will cost around $200 each without labour %>_<%

photo added

1.suspension and the cap(I dont know wat is the black cap, but when the previous owner done the RWC, both of these were changed)

2.and the height of front, wheel changed to aurion version.

post-34527-0-83519700-1389074378_thumb.j

post-34527-0-01931800-1389074736_thumb.j

post-34527-0-79646700-1389074797_thumb.j

post-34527-0-78503200-1389074846_thumb.j

Edited by popyouyi

Id say that the previous owner has put coil overs on it possibly or harder sports springs. You can probably tell if you have a look at the springs they will usually have the brand or something, it would also be obvious if your car looks lowered than other models on the road. It seems like that is the only possibility.

do remmeber the sportivo gen6 camrys come with extra suspension components such as braces behind the seat (x brace) and under body bars located directly under the rear passengers side skirt of the body, as well as acclaimed stiffer springs.

however you say that when turning it shakes etc.

first thing i would do to rectify the problem is to take it for a full alignment including wheel balancing.
second thing if you have after market wheels make sure the wheels have hubcentric rings made for your hub (60.1mm for the camrys)

third which you should be doing every 30km is checking wheels nuts to see if they are tight

fourth be sure your tyres arent bald < i had front near bald ones and when turning it would sort of slip and cause slight vibration

try those basic steps and see if you get any improvement.

Try not to do speeds over 120km/hr. If you didn't already know, it's illegal.

To answer your question. Harden Springs or coil overs were fitted. Don't listen to any stooge mechanic trying to rip you off...

If you don't like the hard ride, change the suspension (all four) to stock. Problem solved.

Take a picture of your car

mine is hard too and it bounces like it has coilovers loll ,at one stage i was going to change the springs too but would cost a lot so i left it .

will put pic on tmr, and let u guys see

thx all anyway~

Try not to do speeds over 120km/hr. If you didn't already know, it's illegal.

To answer your question. Harden Springs or coil overs were fitted. Don't listen to any stooge mechanic trying to rip you off...

If you don't like the hard ride, change the suspension (all four) to stock. Problem solved.

It is cost a lot for change all four of them even only front two=.=

just want find a way to make it softer. ^_^

and also, someone check the suspension and told me it is all offical, nothing changed.....anyway I will post some pics tmr to let u guys c, hope u guys can help me

do remmeber the sportivo gen6 camrys come with extra suspension components such as braces behind the seat (x brace) and under body bars located directly under the rear passengers side skirt of the body, as well as acclaimed stiffer springs.

however you say that when turning it shakes etc.

first thing i would do to rectify the problem is to take it for a full alignment including wheel balancing.

second thing if you have after market wheels make sure the wheels have hubcentric rings made for your hub (60.1mm for the camrys)

third which you should be doing every 30km is checking wheels nuts to see if they are tight

fourth be sure your tyres arent bald < i had front near bald ones and when turning it would sort of slip and cause slight vibration

try those basic steps and see if you get any improvement.

already done the balance and full alignment, steering wheel not shaking that much when over 120km/h but still not really smooth, and the noise like knocking still there sometime, specifically when I turn left or right to parking, I have to turning the wheel fully.-,-