1991 Corolla Hatch make over :-)

Hi guys / Girls

I have a 1991 Corolla hatch I purchased a while back for my wife to learn manual in she has now got a new car now that she has learnt how to drive manual less aggressive :-).

The car body wise needs a bid of a make over as the plastic body kit is held on in some places with screws and someone has scratched ANUS in the back of it and keyed the whole car lol.

~I am wondering if some people on here have any one you could suggest for the body kit and paint repairs etc... I am located in Blacktown 2148~

~Ok now the engine bay... I am wondering if it is just cheaper to buy a newer engine with mods already done etc then spending bigger money on the engine components to achieve possibly the same result.

Does anyone know of any engines that I could possibly bolt in to replace the 1,6l carb ??

I am looking at spending around $5-8k complete but at the same time I just want a nice Corolla to cruise in on the weekends. Not a show car

Any suggestions and advice would be much appreciated

Cheers Rob

2zzge engine ?

To be honest mate I have never owned anything under a Holden V6 so I am new to everything Toyota. I have tried to look every where for info on the engine but cant find it. On the rego papers it just says 1.6l but I know its a 1991 hatch.. Ill take some photos and upload them maybe you will be able to make out what it is.

Ok well I have done some re search and looking around on ebay and jdm imports. I have found a few 4age 20v turbos for around $2000 just engine ecu and wiring looms or around $2-$4k on JDM for the whole engine and trans... Ill ring a few places tomorrow and see what I can put together.