BP Ultimate shortage

Hi Guys,

Dont know if it's just in Sydney but I went to fill up my Stivo with the good ole BP Ultimate only to find the pumps were all out of use. The servo guy said BP is running low on BP Ultimate and there is mass fuel shortage.

It's likely to now be available mid December :(

So I had to fill up on Shell Optimax instead....

my bf was told that yesterday too... but in melbourne...

he was also told that BP Ultimate and Mobile 8000 is the same stuff. so you dont have to go using that Shell stuff... ukkk

Incorrect, Caltex delivers all Mobil fuel, they have for years.

i was reading a post over the clubrsx fourms and the fuel shortage was only in sydney and BP expected that this would be rectified around mid december, there is a page on there site that you can register for SMS updates on when it becomes avalible at your local servo

Vortex98 is better then Ultimate... ;)

it's not the same as Mobil either... if it was, why did it take so long to get on the market when Mobil Syn8000 has been around for years (was the 1st 98 octane on the Aus market)...

Vortex98 is better then Ultimate... ;)

it's not the same as Mobil either... if it was, why did it take so long to get on the market when Mobil Syn8000 has been around for years (was the 1st 98 octane on the Aus market)...

because caltex didnt want to sell it because they didnt think there was that much of a market for it. Besides, all the other ethanol based fuels in sydney are made by mixing vortex 98 with ethanol as well, so its been around much longer than they have been selling it for.