2009 Corolla zre152r ultima Replacement key.

Hi All

Well my wife has a 2009 corolla zre152r ultima , She has lost one of her remote keys, I did a search and from what i have read that the dealer is the only place you can buy a new key, is this correct? Or is there after market keys available?

I would need a whole replacement key, so The remote,transponder and the key.

I have looked online and i can not even find some where that sells a remote that looks like my wifes remote key.

Anyway

thanks in advance

p.s sorry if this has been covered before, please point me in the right direction if it has. thanks

Yep.

Only dealers would have them, dont get them from ebay even if it looks the same, chances are the transponder inside wont be compatible with audm cars

Like Jeffy said it's not worth getting the cheap Chinese ones, sometimes the transponder chip is incorrect and sometimes the remote is the wrong type.

If you are only after a spare then it might not be worth the extra dollars of getting a remote key as these can range from $250 to $400. If you can settle for a non remote key you can get one cut and coded into your car for around $100.

If there is a chance that the lost key can be found and tracked back to your car it would be worth getting that key deleted from your car, you don't want someone walking up and stealing it :)

Like Jeffy said it's not worth getting the cheap Chinese ones, sometimes the transponder chip is incorrect and sometimes the remote is the wrong type.

If you are only after a spare then it might not be worth the extra dollars of getting a remote key as these can range from $250 to $400. If you can settle for a non remote key you can get one cut and coded into your car for around $100.

If there is a chance that the lost key can be found and tracked back to your car it would be worth getting that key deleted from your car, you don't want someone walking up and stealing it :)

Hi ,thanks for the reply

I normally would just get the key cut and be done with it but in this situation that will not work, the Corolla ultima has no locks on the doors, the remote has a proximity sensor in it to unlock the doors by touch, Also there is no ignition for a key to start the car it is push button start.

Ah right, Prox key.

There is still a mechanical door lock but you might have to remove the plastic from around where it will be.

You might find that there are some Auto locksmiths in your area that can do the job but it will still cost around the same as going to the dealer, one of the benefits to doing this is you don't have to book your car in and leave it at the dealers :) :)

Ah right, Prox key.

There is still a mechanical door lock but you might have to remove the plastic from around where it will be.

You might find that there are some Auto locksmiths in your area that can do the job but it will still cost around the same as going to the dealer, one of the benefits to doing this is you don't have to book your car in and leave it at the dealers :) :)

OK thanks

I have emailed a few lock smiths, but none have gotten back to me yet, once i get a few prices ill get a quote from toyota to compare,

thanks .

• 1 year later...

Hi - I've found myself in exactly the same predicament.

Now running on one smart key.

I've tried international suppliers based on Google image searches and come up with dead ends.

Toyota dealer charges $580!

Any solutions you came up with will be gratefully received!