1998 RAV 4 Paint Code

Lacman91

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew the correct paint code for the 98 world cup series rav4.

Is it 8K5: Dark Blue Pearl or,

8L5: Royal Sapphire Pearl?

The paint code (KA4) written on the metal plate located under the bonnet is not a correct code. Came with no owners manual. Was wanting to touch up some paint scratches.

Thanks in advance.

post-35123-0-23658700-1399859205_thumb.j

post-35123-0-26075300-1399859247_thumb.j

post-35123-0-77983300-1399859266_thumb.p

Edited by Lacman91

Are you sure KA4 is the incorrect code? Australian cars are often painted with different codes compared to US/Japan (which is where most of the info on the net comes from), I know my 1997 Corolla (and a lot of other 90s Australian Toyotas) is painted in 0KA Diamond White yet US sites usually only list 040 Super White for that year

Thanks for the reply. I suppose it is the correct au paint code. But it couldnt be found on the database at paint mobile when I took it on the weekend. They said they can match the paint but it has to be made up in a spray can when I only want a small touch up paint kit with a brush. Not the aerosol can. So I tried searching for the coloured paint code and have only been able to find the US version. I wasnt sure if that was the code I needed for it to be found. I'll try to call around a few more places

Edited by Lacman91

Depending on where you live, in vic

Olarenshaws in sunshine is another paint shop does excellent paint matching - just a recommendation.

They said they can match the paint but it has to be made up in a spray can when I only want a small touch up paint kit with a brush.

I get the spray made up then spray a small amount into the lid and use an artist's brush for touching up chips etc. I just had Halfords (do you have Halfords ?) mix mine up for my wine red '96.

Cheers, thanks for all your help. Was just a bit set back by them not being able to find my paint code. Thought id need the US one or something.

• 1 month later...

It looks too dark to be the Blue Mica which was also a popular colour, but not one that was released in a World Cup series model. Also I believe this colour was removed from the colour list in 1997 during the 1st gen facelift period.

8L5 (Electric Blue / Royal Sapphire Pearl) was the colour of my RAV4 and it's very close to that colour, from what I can tell. Since this was a madly popular colour from the range (1998-2000 model RAV4's) I'd be fairly confident it was 8L5.

Edited by Andrew162

Actually after seeing one of these today, I'm not so sure it's 8L5 after all. It's very close, but just looks too flat and doesn't pop enough. It appears to be more of a metallic colour than a pearl one.

• 1 year later...

Hi members, I have a 1998 White RAV4 that I love. :) Trying to match body parts, my colour code is white - 041. I have found parts in white - A23...I cant find info on either of these codes anywhere...can anyone help?

Hi

Have you tried eBay? I have been getting my paints that way for a while now.