Connectors in boot of 2003 Camry Altise

Cowiie

Hi guys
I've just noticed that there are these two cable connectors in my boot. One off centre to the left and off centre to the right. The connectors have two pins (1xgreen/white & 1xblack/white(ground?).
Do you guys know what these do??

EDIT: they are on the top of the boot lid, near the opening mechanism

Thanks

Edited by Cowiie

d4f942e4-e11e-4683-ac50-d7a1152b16cf.jpg

1c6cb5e2-1450-43b6-a56d-4d9a25df9b89.jpg

I don't think they are for license plate lights because I already have them and the wires are a different colour to the wires for the plate lights.

Edited by Cowiie

This photo shows where both of them are...

image-2.jpg

Good point there! i do not have a spoiler, was thinking it was some kind of brake light. Do you think that if I wired a light bulb to the wires (in series) then it would turn on when I press on the brakes? or would there be some special wiring needed

Edited by Cowiie

An easy way to test if it is for the breaks or the lights is to get a multi meter or test light, then see if there is power going to the connectors when you turn your lights on or press the break peddle.

I think Jeffy will be right though.

Thanks Jeffy and (mr2). I was thinking of installing some type of red LED strip near the number plate as an extra braking light but I'm not sure if this would be legal in Aus

Edited by Cowiie

Thanks Jeffy and (mr2). I was thinking of installing some type of red LED strip near the number plate as an extra braking light but I'm not sure if this would be legal in Aus

i think its illegal to have more than the 3rd brake light afaik (as ive read something somewhere other than emergency vehicles or something are the ones allowed to have more lights)

i think its illegal to have more than the 3rd brake light afaik (as ive read something somewhere other than emergency vehicles or something are the ones allowed to have more lights)

Ahh okay. Wouldn't having a spoiler mean there would be 4 red brake lights??

Ahh okay. Wouldn't having a spoiler mean there would be 4 red brake lights??

Nope, still 3, as the one from the rear window will be deleted.