Ouch...

beenet

It's far worse when you do it at high revs - eg 3rd - 4th at 6000 rpm....

low speed shouldn't be any dramas... I've done it a few times at higher revs and had no troubles with my gearbox yet -- only my clutch wearing out from how I shift - but you get that :D

yea my sportivo at high revs changing first to second is crap :angry: if not concentrating properly crunching is quite easily, hopefully this will change when i get my car serviced next week :)

but i havent had any problems yet with crunching gears :ph34r:

Welcome to the world of "Manual Driving" :P Gearbox failures are likely further down the track, i have crunched 1-2 too many times and i blame the toyota clutch that might have stuffed up my 2nd gear synchros. It doesn't help coming from a Honda which everyone knows is reknowned for their super smooth shifting mechanisms. but hey the gearbox is still good and you will know when there is a problem, frequent crunching from 3rd to 2nd is a sign of worn synchros. A loud grinding combined with no acceleration when you floor it means a broken teeth in that gear. ;) So watch these symtoms.

Welcome to the world of "Manual Driving" :P Gearbox failures are likely further down the track, i have crunched 1-2 too many times and i blame the toyota clutch that might have stuffed up my 2nd gear synchros. It doesn't help coming from a Honda which everyone knows is reknowned for their super smooth shifting mechanisms. but hey the gearbox is still good and you will know when there is a problem, frequent crunching from 3rd to 2nd is a sign of worn synchros. A loud grinding combined with no acceleration when you floor it means a broken teeth in that gear. ;) So watch these symtoms.

yeah i start to miss my honda, its smooth change no matter what the revs u in(below redline), but cant compaint cos the luxury the sportivo has