Calling all QLD members!

Hey guys,

I'd just like an idea of how much the bus trips around the Gold Coast cost?

Like, from Jupiter's to one of the theme parks, a trip around the city, etc, etc.

I'm thinking of taking up one of NRMA's member deal, which is about $70 for 7 days, unlimited travel on the Surf Side bus network, and also return transfers to and from the airport and also theme park transfers to and from my hotel.

Do you guys think $70 is worth it? Or should I nnot bother?

Thanks in advance!

Man, if your going to have your car here then getting from GC hotels to the themeparks, you may as well drive, as they all have free parking and are relatively easy to get to.

As far as seeing the sights, You'll walk around Surfers Paradise, and the rest really aint too interesting, but you can usually drive fairly easily around the place and find free/cheap parking.

Well, it's just gonna be me and my other half.

We're flying up late night Saturday (14th Jan).

As much as I'd love to drive up, it'll be easier for us to take a plane up.

It says arrival time is 10.25pm @ Gold Coast airport.

I'm staying at Chevron Islands.. was told that it'll take about 25 minutes to get there.

No car, means no easy way to get around.. :(

So we're just gonna stick to walking and catching public transport.

The $70 is for 1 person ($140 for both), it seems a bit expensive, that's why I was asking to see what you guys thought?.

I've had a look at the Translink website, and according to them, I'll be travelling between 8-9 zones between Gold Coast airport and the theme parks, while Chevron Island is smack bang in the middle.

it depends how much u are going to be travelling! my other half and i got it when we were up there and it was useful for 2 reasons, 1 caught the bus to dreamworld 4 times cos her cousin lives in Coomera so we got picked up from there to visit them, and also it was useful because we didnt know our way around and the shuttle buses drop u at the door, but cos they pick everyone else up u sorta get to know the area as well!

but yeah, it can be worth it if your moving around for a bit.

BTW Chevron towers is really nice, but make sure u go downstairs and visit Infinity! its the coolest place ever!

Chevron Island to Gold Coast Airport is around 25 minutes depending on traffic. Sometimes can take up to an hour....

Click Here For Surfside Airport Transfers

I'd say if your going to be running around a bit and going all over the coast, then the Freedom pass may be worthwhile....