Corolla

Planning to buy a corolla the conquest version. I have some queries I wish you could answer:

1 Reorder the following according to value after use, the best being first: Sedan, Hatchback and Wagon

2 Reorder the following according to boot size, biggest being fist: Sedan, Hatchback and Wagon

3 Reorder the following according to value after use, the best being first: automatic and manual

4 When do the dealers usually have sales, during which months?

5 Is there a small car which can compete with the corolla according to the above specifications?

the time you will get the best price is dependant on the salesperson's quota/whatever and if they've "hit their number" for that month/quarter. If they haven't got their number then they will be more flexible with price/options to get more sales under their belt.

the time you will get the best price is dependant on the salesperson's quota/whatever and if they've "hit their number" for that month/quarter. If they haven't got their number then they will be more flexible with price/options to get more sales under their belt.

The above is certainly true along with:

Make car purchases at the start and end of the month. Buy at end of the month due to the above reason and start of month because salespeople want to start their monthly quota on a high by selling a car.

Look on weekends and buy on weekdays as there are considerably less walk-in clients in weekdays than on weekends.

Financial year is certainly a good time to buy as are sales promoted through the media.

Knowing when replacement models will arrive. Eg. New RAV4 will be out at end of Jan 06 (?) so current RAV4s are on run-out, current Camrys will also be replaced this year so they too are in run-out mode. Furthermore, the current Corolla is getting long in the tooth...

As for your last question about other makes and models, have a look at this article from Drive.com.au

http://www.drive.com.au/editorial/article....vf=7&bg=40&pp=0

This should give you an idea of offerings by other competitors even though the article describes the higher-end models.

Hope this helps...

I assume by "value after use", you mean resale value?

It really depends on how long you intend to hold onto the car ... if its just for a few years, then you'll probably find the wagon will command a slightly higher price than the sedan or hatch and auto commanding more than a manual.

If you look longer term, you'll find those values will even out much more, and you'll be paying for condition, kms, etc.

Probably one of the closest competitors to the Conquest, actually, would be the Holden Viva, being available in all three bodies and having similar standard equipment to the Conquest. However, while you pay a lower price for the Viva (built by Daewoo), the Corolla will hold its value better, mainly because its a much better-built vehicle.

BUDDAH, he is the best man for this job.

boot size, biggest being fist: Wagon, Sedan, Hatchback

I just wanted to add that even though the booth is smaller on a hatch then on a sedan it is usualy more usable. And when folding down the back seat a sedan never can compete with a hatch when it comes to hauling large objects. I drove a sedan with a hughe booth (subaru legacy) and it way way less practical then even the trunk of my tine Yaris ...

Wagon and Hatch will have a more versatile interior, I've gone from a Commodore wagon to the Corolla hatch and haven't struggled yet. The hatch's limitation though is the length of the load space.

I have a preference for manuals in a small capacity/low torque car. The Auto goes well enough, but is still only a three speed with and electronic overdrive/forth. The manual moves along a little better. It's also easier on its brakes. I've done 30,000km's and still have 65% of my pads left.

Best time to get the best price is end of month, end of Financial Year and also end of September. (Many companies run their internal financial year from October to September)