COLD AIR INTAKE FOR stivo 05

KaZe-

HIYA ALL!! im new in the forum and new 2 the stivo 05 im looking for a COLD AIR INTAKE (CAI) for my new 05 stivo

i want the (CAI) that goes behind the fog light if any1 knoes any1 is in melb can u please reply thnk u!!!

would perfer a TRD or wateva doesnt really matter jus aslong as it makes my car goooo fasterr >.< and sound much better it will be orrite thnx again!! :D

TRD CAI = $500+ plus diff pod(apparently the TRD pod isnt that flash.. and wont fit behind the foglight)

INJEN CAI = $360

Difference... F#*k all..

american chaps seem to think the TRD is made (or designed) by Injen

as for actual dyno results...

at the melbourne dyno day the Injens pulled higher than the AEMs and TRDs..

cant really say much about torque.. definetly feels alot smoother..

you're more than welcome to check mine out sometime.. Im in Heidelberg

and im happy to install anyones in melbourne.. however i dont know about the 05+ model stivos... but id give it a shot :)

CES will have one available for sale soon(next 3 weeks or so). Designed to be able to fit pods on without hitting fog light. Also looking at doing a CAI especially for the 1ZZ with different specs to suit the engine.

Stay tuned for more details. Please don't PM wanting to know more as I'll post it up when I do. :D

I was waiting for the CES one...

but the wait was too long.. :)

i cant see them been much more effective than the current ones available..

If anything they will just fit better :P

although if the price is right.. they may be a viable option for some people

CES will have one available for sale soon(next 3 weeks or so). Designed to be able to fit pods on without hitting fog light. Also looking at doing a CAI especially for the 1ZZ with different specs to suit the engine.

Stay tuned for more details. Please don't PM wanting to know more as I'll post it up when I do. :D

hey silvabullit where are u gonna post up the CES thingy??? i want a CAI sooo freaking bad but i cant find 1 its lyk so hard?!

i want lyk a shop in melbourne that sells it so i can go there and buy it *that simple*

:angry:

If CES do one to fit the 05' model than i'll definately be in for that!

Hopefully they can put one out that fits properly and at a realisitic price.

I ordered the Injen on the 9th January... was in my car on the 12th January :o

nice and fast..

I dont think there is a shop in Melbourne that sells CAI's.. you have to order from overseas

how much and where did u order it from??? bcoz if so i would get 1 is that the CAI that goes down behind the fog light??

yep that should be the one that goes behind the foglight

i presume from ebay rite? for the sportivo = corolla matrix xrs

Hey motoman wat pod did you get? and how much on top of the cai?

no offence but CES is full of rumours... 1 year and still waiting for the cai to come out.... and for a 1zz cai to come out... man thats not even gonna happen untill the 2zz is released "and successfully sold" and even then thats when our corollas are out of fashion B) and the new 2006 models come out. They might even price it at the notoriously famous $900 so theres no hope in getting it, stick to the usual injen and trd and aem id say.

If it comes out and is priced at around 150 then ill come back to this topic and praise how great it is, however from 1 years worth of r&d thats pretty hopeless that it will be priced below the 500 mark excluding pod filter.

Only brisbane people would be able to afford a cai for 900 bux. B)

Did you find that you lose some low down torque with it installed ? When you look at the dyno charts for the aem one, it seems like the torque dips down below stock in the low rpms.

I still can't decide with the k&n flat panel with flexiduct or a cai.

Yer mine was From ebay... IND Koncept

cost $368 and includes an Injen Pod...

Matrix XRS model in Glossy Black :)

p.s. with a sportivo.. dont even bother with a Panel Filter.. makes 0.5kw diff

most CAIs are adding at least 5-6KW ATW

no offence but CES is full of rumours... 1 year and still waiting for the cai to come out.... and for a 1zz cai to come out... man thats not even gonna happen untill the 2zz is released "and successfully sold" and even then thats when our corollas are out of fashion B) and the new 2006 models come out. They might even price it at the notoriously famous $900 so theres no hope in getting it, stick to the usual injen and trd and aem id say.

If it comes out and is priced at around 150 then ill come back to this topic and praise how great it is, however from 1 years worth of r&d thats pretty hopeless that it will be priced below the 500 mark excluding pod filter.

For your information the 1zz CAI is already done and the 2zz is having the finishing touches put to it in the next week or so. <_<

il wait for silvas results into the ces cai for the stivo cause it just gives more option as to what CAI is best or not trd,injen,aem etc or even the ces for that matter. But they all do the same function increase air flow!!! the average difference of torque/power numbers taken over all the cai's available would be quite small im talking like 1-2kw difference prob at the fly too lol. Thats my 2 cents.

Cheers

mate get off your ***** and do it yourself then, if not shut the hell up and stop bitching about somthing that you have NOTHING to do with..

also the 1zz-fe CAI is already done just lining up a final test with it Vs TRD and its good to go.

il wait for silvas results into the ces cai for the stivo cause it just gives more option as to what CAI is best or not trd,injen,aem etc or even the ces for that matter. But they all do the same function increase air flow!!! the average difference of torque/power numbers taken over all the cai's available would be quite small im talking like 1-2kw difference prob at the fly too lol. Thats my 2 cents.

Cheers

1-2kw?? what planet are you from? normally see around 5kw atw on a stock car when you add a CAI.

1-2kw?? what planet are you from? normally see around 5kw atw on a stock car when you add a CAI.

I think he's referring to the power difference between the different CAI's...

northy will be first to trade in his trd cai for a $900 dollar ces cai

:lol: i sit on my ***** because i want to sit on my *****. besides i have already ordered an injen from what everyone has said its better then trd and i look forward to it. DID U NOT READ!!! IF ITS REAL DIRT CHEAP AND I GET ONE AND DOES WONDERS FOR ME ILL COME BACK TO PRAISE IT BUT AT THIS CURRENT TIME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU GET OFF YOUR ***** AND DO A PROPER JOB MODERATOR.

YOU SUPPORT A PRODUCT THAT ISNT EVEN ON THE MARKET YET. JUST GOES TO SHOW WHOSE SITTING ON THEIR **** AND YOUR ALL SUPPORTING them UPON FIGURES AND STATISTICS RELEASED FROM CES. MAN DO AN INDEPENDENT RESEARCH BEFORE YOU START SUPPORTING A PRODUCT.

OK lets make a deal.. GET OFF YOUR ***** NORTHY and tell them to release the 1zz cai right "NOW"ill buy the first one, ill forward my bank deposit of maximum 350 dollars and i will take it to melbourne upcoming dyno day. and see the GAINS FOR MYSELF i dont believe people from brisbane hypnotized by the sensation of CES. Maybe their exhausts were great start off, does not mean their cai is straight off gonna be any good as well, Yes CES is a great company... i have got nothing against them.. but to give word that they were releasing one 1 year ago by one of the brisbane people, under the term (commin waiting AND SO I g soon) i am fed up with waiting for it, I GOT OFF MY ***** AND AM BUYING A INJEN AS OF NOW! HELL I DONT MIND HAVING 2 CAI I JUST WANT A GOOD PRODUCT AT A GOOD PRICE!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME? THAT IS WHY THIS TOPIC EXISTS ... not stupid brisbane people going.. wait a few more weeks wait a few more weeks... its coming out soon.. its coming out soon... (1 year later) yes it maybe "rumoured" to be coming out soon but can you stake your life on the product northy that its going to be the best on the market and at a good price? PLACE UR LIFE ON IT!!!

You know your full of ****, not to mention your useless as a mod, all you have is money and mod numbers thats it.

Man i have a right to say whatever i want and bitch about whatever i want. I SEE YOU bitch about everything too northy. Oh now that should not be a trait of a moderator. They are only here to "MODERATE" 3rd impartial party that neutralizes conflict etc... in event of situations that arise.

Mello votes northy = USELESS moderator +1

Edited by Mello

northy will be first to trade in his trd cai for a $900 dollar ces cai

:lol: i sit on my ***** because i want to sit on my *****. besides i have already ordered an injen from what everyone has said its better then trd and i look forward to it. AND IF CES IS COMPARING IT TO TRD THEN THEY HAVE LITTLE OR NO DIFFERENCE TO INJEN DICKWAD JUST ITS $900 pricetag DID U NOT READ!!! IF ITS REAL DIRT CHEAP AND I GET ONE AND DOES WONDERS FOR ME ILL COME BACK TO PRAISE IT BUT AT THIS CURRENT TIME NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YOU GET OFF YOUR ***** AND DO A PROPER JOB MODERATOR.

YOU SUPPORT A PRODUCT THAT ISNT EVEN ON THE MARKET YET. JUST GOES TO SHOW WHOSE SITTING ON THEIR ****

OK lets make a deal.. GET OFF YOUR ***** NORTHY and tell them to release the 1zz cai right "NOW" ill forward my bank deposit of maximum 300 dollars and i will take it to melbourne upcoming dyno day. and see the GAINS FOR MYSELF i dont believe people from brisbane hypnotized by the sensation of CES, Yes CES is a great company... i have got nothing against them.. but to give word that they were releasing one 1 year ago under the term (comming very soon) and waited one year for it, i am fed up with waiting AND SO I GOT OFF MY ***** AND AM BUYING A INJEN AS OF NOW! HELL I DONT MIND HAVING 2 CAI I JUST WANT A GOOD PRODUCT AT A GOOD PRICE!!!!! DO YOU HEAR ME? THAT IS WHY THIS TOPIC EXISTS ... not stupid brisbane people going.. wait a few more weeks wait a few more weeks... its coming out soon.. its coming out soon... (1 year later)

ahh if only you knew what was going on, i have been down at CES myself helping with the CAI R&D shows how little you know....also take a look around at diff exhuasts and see how much you pay for a full stainless exhaust with proven gains, you will be surprised when you find that the CES Exhaust is bang on the money, find me a post that says when the CES CAI was gonna be out....1yr ago good luck.....

find me a post that says when the CES CAI was gonna be out....1yr ago good luck.....

Still looking myself, can't find it.

quite a bit of anger built up there O_o... on a side note - i got my CAI installed the other day from Gun Performance - it was a custom pipe job so im not quite sure how it compares to the TRD, Injen, CES one but im pretty impressed with it... sounds normal for normal driving but when you give it sum it sounds pretty sweet. price was relatively cheap so im happy with it overall.