New Member from WA

MisterF

Hi All.

I maybe the oldest member on this forum and currently own a 1990 October built 4runner V6 with manual transmission.. I bought the vehicle as a means to an end as there were no station wagons that really grabbed my attention. Just so happened that a family member had bought a V6 4runner , basically for the same reasons I did.

So, when I went for a ride in it I decided that this vehicle would suit my needs admirably. So went out and bought a demo model which had 769 Km on it. It came with an alloy bull bar side rails and steps, plus a pair of Hella 100W driving lights. The vehicle has done 1.13 million Km and havejust completed a two year off the chassis /body rebuild and a new paint job. The interior has been re-upholstered in light grey velour and new plush pile carpets fitted. It had a hard life to begin with and then fitted a Detroit locker in the rear,removed the rear stabiliser bar and fitted Lovell HD Shockabsorbers at the rear, and medium ones on the front. . This meant I had far greater rear end articulation to aid traction. I am currently looking at fitting ABS brakes to the vehicle and reverse sensors.

The original motor lasted for 800,000 km and eventually got rid of it and fitted a Prado 4.0 litre V6 with Auto . The head lamps have been converted to HID and the Hella`s have gone into the cupboard as new Hella HID lamps fitted..

The 4runer is now used as a long distance cruiser and does very little off road work. When I get the time I will post a photo of the old girl in all her new livery.

Cheers dears

MisterF