What are you guys into?

U understand! il show you how its done! my mate South Africa has a Audi RS4 quattro and a E46 BMW 330i and he taught me a few tricks with 4 wheel drive and rear wheel. Easy in tap off in the corner foot flat drift slide looks almost as good as ricky ponting in a full strech dive going for a catch.

If you do that in every corner you will shave off 5-10 sec on your time!! :)

Dude...what the hell are you on about man??? Can you explain your sh!t better!

I mean...what the hell...has Ricky Ponting diving for a catch...got to do with Corollas handling?!?!

And what does...''Easy in tap off in the corner'' suppose to mean man?!?! Is that South African talk???

Get a reading aid!!!

he's saying by tapping off the accelerator durinng cornering and then fully pressing the gas result in powerslide through corner to battle understeer due to sudden off and on grip during cornering.

Thanks you At least someone understands!!

Edited by CORZZA

rollamods - Yes you are right, the front LSD helps alot when existing the corner.

Blue_Stivo- yes i bought it from justin, Top guy :D . I havent start spending money on the car yet. Not sure if i really wanted to, because i inten to use it as daily. Otherwise there is no point buying this car.

1.17 is a excellent time, with those mods. :), i be going somewhere in feburary, i probally post up a eoi in the event section if anyone wants to go.

SILVABULLIT - Luv your moto :D. Balance is everthing

I bought the the cat and pipe off justin and gave him back the muffler. IMO justin pay too much for the system. I dont think it did anything, maybe has more top end and the finish wasnt great either. Change back to the original muffer, much beter response.

B A L A N C E

I love twisties (And always on the hunt for new ones!) and I think that a car with well sorted suspension and brakes will ultimately be more enjoyable than one with more outright power.

At the same time I think engine power also has a part to play in the way the car behaves. So you always need to take a balanced approach.

You are half right.

If you have good suspension set up, you can go in and out of the corner much quicker.

In APPC

Wakefield lap records

class C Leanne Ferrier (Toyota Corolla Sportivo) 1:13.0843 08/08/2004

In his class the engine and brake has to be stock. All he has is suspension set up and semi slicks, This prove you dont need power to make the car go fast.

In comaprsionm i have a 02 STI with 231kw @4ws with no suspension work and road tyres, i only manage 1:16.

damn thats fast!!!!!! very fast and impressive lap time..

and about much faster entering and exiting corner with good sussy set up is definately true

:)

i do have respect for a nice long 180 degree drift at 100 kmh

...is a 180 degree drift a spin where you end up facing where you came from?? :P easy to do in a FWD corolla with lift off oversteer in abundance when you're pushing hard, also easy to do in a WRX...

I prefer power and handling, no point having one without the other.

Thats right :D Although I have never managed to oversteer my 1zz on stock suspension, the SOB just won't lose the rear, instead it will just roll around and/or understeer. Once i get the sussy done in 6 months time it should be easier to do as the chassis will be less prone to roll which should divert the pressure to the tyres.

sub11z - I was more referring to my preference in daily driving, moreso than which vehicle i would prefer to take around a track. If you are talking about a track environment, handling is much more fun, because on many tracks you cannot use high powered cars (your insane rex for example).

i do have respect for a nice long 180 degree drift at 100 kmh

...is a 180 degree drift a spin where you end up facing where you came from?? :P easy to do in a FWD corolla with lift off oversteer in abundance when you're pushing hard, also easy to do in a WRX...

I prefer power and handling, no point having one without the other.

Thats right :D Although I have never managed to oversteer my 1zz on stock suspension, the SOB just won't lose the rear, instead it will just roll around and/or understeer. Once i get the sussy done in 6 months time it should be easier to do as the chassis will be less prone to roll which should divert the pressure to the tyres.

I know the feeling..i'm on stock suspension as well..the amount of understeer and body roll is just annoying...arrggh...can't wait till i change my suspension.....

Yes, on small tracks you will find that the gap between a hi-po vehicle and a low powered one is considerably smaller because the hi-po vehicle will not have enough tarmac to exploit its full potential. This is the case on many Australian tracks.

so there are no nice wide tracks here?

i think they mean the length of the track not the width. i think they're saying that australian race tracks have very short straights and many corners so power is not as much of an advantage.

i think they mean the length of the track not the width. i think they're saying that australian race tracks have very short straights and many corners so power is not as much of an advantage.

Oh ok! well then they are definatly not suited to rollas!

What??? conrod straight is too short???? :blink: I think that a Stivo around Phillip Island would be pretty quick with the longer straights and flowing corners.

What??? conrod straight is too short???? :blink: I think that a Stivo around Phillip Island would be pretty quick with the longer straights and flowing corners.

The Sportivo ain't exactly a rocket when it comes to speed. It has plenty of power for what it is but many other early/late model cars would lay waste to it in the speed dept.

You should see some of the tracks in Europe...when i was younger i went to a few. Tracks in australia are like midgets compared to those over in Europe. Much longer straights and higher speed corners.

Edited by Strawberryface

haha i meant to say excluding conrod. would love to drive around Phillip Island, one of my favourites tracks