What are you guys into?

Hello everone,

This is my first post, so im going to give you guys abit of intro.

My name is Leon, recently bought a 05 Corolla Sportvio im starting to love it. I was intentionally buying a DC2R, purely becuase of their handeling. But so hard to find a good condition.

From reading most of the threads this forum, you guys are all into power/kw.

When i bought the rolla, it had a cat back 2.5 inch exhaust,. All it did was making noise, so chuck it away and put back the standard one back on. After putting the standard one back on, the car feel much more responsive. When i had the exhaust it takes forever to reach redline. BUt now is so much smother, absolutly luving it.

I myself dont really care much about power, what i like is the response and handeling of the car. I want to old pac a couple of times with my corolla and i can say the handeling is not bad at all. Sure there is alot of bodyroll but i can feel the chasis can take it. The tyres arent bad either, good wet tyres.

I be taking the rolla soon to wakefield.

So what are you guys into?

Handling.......its always nice ot have a responsive car that does what you want it to do...than to have one that has heaps of power...and just end up in the gutter becasue it doesnt' turn when u want it to...

im definitely a handling gimp :)

you'll find that stockvvti is too, ha ha ha :P

thats y we rocking the cuscos B)

northys more of a power gimp imo hehehe :P even tho he has cuscos too :)

im into both as im also sitting on cusco's

im definitely a handling gimp :)

you'll find that stockvvti is too, ha ha ha :P

thats y we rocking the cuscos B)

northys more of a power gimp imo hehehe :P even tho he has cuscos too :)

im into both as im also sitting on cusco's

much prefer handling

blah, clearly i have the wrong car, I definitely take preference in power over handling, although I do enjoy a vehicle with good handling, but it means nothing if the car goes like a lawnmower in a straight line.

Nothing beats the luxury of being pinned back in your seat when you plant the accelerator, although i do have respect for a nice long 180 degree drift at 100 kmh, which isnt really handling because good handling shouldnt really drift... :P

blah, clearly i have the wrong car, I definitely take preference in power over handling, although I do enjoy a vehicle with good handling, but it means nothing if the car goes like a lawnmower in a straight line.

Nothing beats the luxury of being pinned back in your seat when you plant the accelerator, although i do have respect for a nice long 180 degree drift at 100 kmh, which isnt really handling because good handling shouldnt really drift... :P

You are half right.

If you have good suspension set up, you can go in and out of the corner much quicker.

In APPC

Wakefield lap records

class C Leanne Ferrier (Toyota Corolla Sportivo) 1:13.0843 08/08/2004

In his class the engine and brake has to be stock. All he has is suspension set up and semi slicks, This prove you dont need power to make the car go fast.

In comaprsionm i have a 02 STI with 231kw @4ws with no suspension work and road tyres, i only manage 1:16.

You are half right.

If you have good suspension set up, you can go in and out of the corner much quicker.

In APPC

Wakefield lap records

class C Leanne Ferrier (Toyota Corolla Sportivo) 1:13.0843 08/08/2004

In his class the engine and brake has to be stock. All he has is suspension set up and semi slicks, This prove you dont need power to make the car go fast.

In comaprsionm i have a 02 STI with 231kw @4ws with no suspension work and road tyres, i only manage 1:16.

Um... Leanne Ferrier is a woman isnt she?

i do have respect for a nice long 180 degree drift at 100 kmh

...is a 180 degree drift a spin where you end up facing where you came from?? :P easy to do in a FWD corolla with lift off oversteer in abundance when you're pushing hard, also easy to do in a WRX...

I prefer power and handling, no point having one without the other.

Sounds like a female name!

Man you should do better than that with your STI!!!

yes she is a female... lol

yes i should, but im not a pro. :lol:

The thing with 4wd is they intend to have alot of understeel, i can not go in the corner as quick, otherwise i would steel out of the track. The 1480kg doesnt help either.

Sounds like a female name!

Man you should do better than that with your STI!!!

yes she is a female... lol

yes i should, but im not a pro. :lol:

The thing with 4wd is they intend to have alot of understeel, i can not go in the corner as quick, otherwise i would steel out of the track. The 1480kg doesnt help either.

U understand! il show you how its done! my mate South Africa has a Audi RS4 quattro and a E46 BMW 330i and he taught me a few tricks with 4 wheel drive and rear wheel. Easy in tap off in the corner foot flat drift slide looks almost as good as ricky ponting in a full strech dive going for a catch.

If you do that in every corner you will shave off 5-10 sec on your time!! :)

Edited by CORZZA

the suspension is already been fix. I was just comparing when the car has stock suspensiuon.

Im now running

Tein HA coilover

Cussco front and rear struct brace

Cussco lower arm bar 2

Cussco Front and rear sawy bar

Csssco control arms

Next think i need to change is the nature links and cussco tarmac centre diff.

if you tune your current suspension correctly there should be negligable understeer when driven properly.

I had a set of custom fulcrum coilovers, stock front bar, adjustable whiteline rear bar and antilift kit on my rex and it had neutral handling, prior to the upgrade it had push understeer due to not having the LSD the STI has stock which can pull you through the corner when you accelerate.

Edited by rollamods

Hello everone,

This is my first post, so im going to give you guys abit of intro.

My name is Leon, recently bought a 05 Corolla Sportvio im starting to love it. I was intentionally buying a DC2R, purely becuase of their handeling. But so hard to find a good condition.

From reading most of the threads this forum, you guys are all into power/kw.

When i bought the rolla, it had a cat back 2.5 inch exhaust,. All it did was making noise, so chuck it away and put back the standard one back on. After putting the standard one back on, the car feel much more responsive. When i had the exhaust it takes forever to reach redline. BUt now is so much smother, absolutly luving it.

I myself dont really care much about power, what i like is the response and handeling of the car. I want to old pac a couple of times with my corolla and i can say the handeling is not bad at all. Sure there is alot of bodyroll but i can feel the chasis can take it. The tyres arent bad either, good wet tyres.

I be taking the rolla soon to wakefield.

So what are you guys into?

let me guess, your corolla is white and you bought it off a guy called Justin... :P

Anyway, let us know when you take it out to Wakefield as I'm always up for a run. My stivo is lapping in 1:17s with only lowering (on stock shocks) + AEM CAI and CES racing exhaust.

Can I ask wher you picked up the Cusco front strut brace (or it that in the Rex?) as I saw one on E-bay a while back but could not afford it at the time and haven't seen once since. It's the best looking one I've seen :).

[quote name='rollamods' date='Jan 17 2006, 02:31 PM' post='64888'

I prefer power and handling, no point having one without the other.

My motto ..... can't have power without handling.

Did you sell the exhaust system that was on your car?? The guy who owned it payed a fortune for that system so I'm told but never had a dyno or anything like that to see if it did make any gains. :P

U understand! il show you how its done! my mate South Africa has a Audi RS4 quattro and a E46 BMW 330i and he taught me a few tricks with 4 wheel drive and rear wheel. In easy in tap off in the corner foot flat drift slide looks almost as good as ricky ponting in a full strech dive going for a catch.

If you do that in every corner you will shave off 5-10 sec on your time!! :)

Dude...what the hell are you on about man??? Can you explain your sh!t better!

I mean...what the hell...has Ricky Ponting diving for a catch...got to do with Corollas handling?!?!

And what does...''In easy in tap off in the corner'' suppose to mean man?!?! Is that South African talk???