AE112R Conquest dash help

I have myself a 1999 Conquest hatch which has the radio mounted in the little pod on top of the dashboard and the cd player down the bottom of the centre dash area taking up most of the space. I wanted to pull both the radio and cd player out to replace with a more update system, firstly what's the best or correct way to remove everything and secondly, could I get a replacement section so I am not left with a big hole where the cd player use to be. (Just in case my explanation makes no sense I have attached a photo)

One last issue I have is the rear window. Its seems the plastic or whatever film is that is covering the inside of the rear window is not well and hard to see through. I'm concerned that if I try and remove the film so I can see through the window properly it will remove the rear demister wires. Has anyone else had this issue and what is the best way to fix this up

thanks guys

Mark

post-38169-0-64084200-1430995075_thumb.j

As Trent said, DIN blanking plates or pockets are easily sourced from Repco/Supercheap etc. As an aside there are also double-din top pods for this model Corolla, so if you wanted a DVD/NAV unit where the current radio you can track down one of those and swap it in too - looks a bit uglier but it's very handy having a 5-7" screen that high up on the dash for GPS etc