oil leak in new car

shhhh

Hi everyone

Just a quick question regarding my 2014 Aurion i took it in last week for its first service 15000km at the Toyota service center, the car has only done 8112km and when i went to pick it up the mechanic told me that they discovered a small oil leak. The mechanic told me that Toyota no longer use gaskets for all the different joints where the engine goes together only the head gasket remains and they use a sealant instead and that sometimes the the sealant is too thin and this can cause what the mechanic calls very rare leak. He said that he has only done about 10 of these sort of repairs in the 12 years since he has been working there and its no big problem and it could last till next service which is next year Feb or 30000km. I told i want it fixed immediately and booked it in for today, its gonna take 2 days roughly because they said its a complete engine out job and they are going to go over the whole engine to inspect for any more oil leaks and reseal the area that is leaking. Its completely covered under warranty and is not costing me anything other than no car for 2 days but i'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this problem occurring on the Aurion with so little km.

Thanks in advance

These things happen with mass production. It is not common at this stage to have a new vehicle with leaks. Ensure you get any bugs sorted before warranty expires.