Brisbane - Where do I get a cheap service?

Hey,

As of this morning I hit 18,500km in my darling Stivo. On Wednesday I am driving back to Brisbane from Melbourne and will definately hit 20,000km by the time I get back since i still have 250km of driving around Melbourne before I leave, so i will be looking at booking the car in for next week.

My question is, where do you get your cars serviced, can you recommend a good dealer/mechanic? and how much for the 20,000km service?

Thanks in advance

Donna

We have found that Lexus of Indooroopilly (owned by the Sci-Fleet group) is usually fairly affordable (and cheap) although a few guys have had a couple of service issues....

Check the "SPORTIVO ISSUES" pinned thread on the COROLLA forum and see the details on the deal Danthuyer has struck with Motorama at Moorooka...

Just avoid Oldmac Cleveland at all costs...

We have found that Lexus of Indooroopilly (owned by the Sci-Fleet group) is usually fairly affordable (and cheap) although a few guys have had a couple of service issues....

Check the "SPORTIVO ISSUES" pinned thread on the COROLLA forum and see the details on the deal Danthuyer has struck with Motorama at Moorooka...

Agreed with Azza, although I will add Sci-Fleet at Albion (tried them for my last service because I find it hard to get to Indooroopilly and then to work during the week), I found them to be good as well, for a similar price to Lexus.

oldmac at springwood will take you car with a smile, give it to the mechanics let them take it for a joyride break stuff, claim that it never happend, tell you to go jump, then after a call to toyota Aus they will ring you back and suck the **** off your boots and tell you that they will fix everything that they didn't break.....

I had the same problem at Oldmac, good price for the car but the service.....They did not pick up a major steering problem that I informed them about :angry:

Glad it was not me noticing their lack of attention to detail with details like steering holding together. I took it back a second time and they told me it was a steering rod or something but did not show me what it was. I said to them that that sounds major and they just smiled and gave me the keys back.....

I got my car serviced a couple of times at this shop along logan road, my dad knows the owner there. So the service I get is pretty cheap...alot cheaper than when I was with toyota.

Also there is this other service guy someone recommended me, he goes to ur house to do minor service and drive ur car to his shop (i've no idea where) to do major service. He charges a good price, quite a few ppl i know service with him. His number is 0407110770

Cheers

Make sure you let us all know how Southside go. Before they moved, I wouldn't have touched them with a barge-pole again, but apparently they have cleaned themselves up since the re-developed....

DONT FORGET!!!!!

TOCAU members get 10% off parts and 10% off servicing at motorama on beaudesert road :)

make sure to ask for AL there service manager ;)

tell them your from the club and I sent you

very interesting :)

i think i might stick close to home this time tho... since i need it done NOW!!!

anyone been to either Morayfield or Strathpine?

Yes & yes....

Morayfield - not 100% confident with as their pricing is often more expensive, and I have always felt that their attitude towards problems is that they don't like them because it upset's their daily routine.

Strathpine - Not too bad. One of the service departments on the higher side of pricing but usually friendly enough. Out of the way though because their service department is back in Brendale, not actually Strathpine... and too far to walk to get to the shops while you wait...

I would certainly reccommend Motorama, they tell you the truth, not that your imagining and very helpful. I have a sticker on the windscreen that says my next service is at 36000, is this just a routine oil change? And how much will Toyota ask for??

Edited by Ashs Red Rolla

Yes & yes....

Morayfield - not 100% confident with as their pricing is often more expensive, and I have always felt that their attitude towards problems is that they don't like them because it upset's their daily routine.

Strathpine - Not too bad. One of the service departments on the higher side of pricing but usually friendly enough. Out of the way though because their service department is back in Brendale, not actually Strathpine... and too far to walk to get to the shops while you wait...

I actually found Jonkers (Morayfield and the dealer who delivered the Buddhamobile) to be very well priced, but the service we received was junk. At the 1000km service they forgot to stamp the book, and at the 5000km service I asked for a filter change specifically and they put on the order "no filter required" ... then they got stroppy when I complained.

I used to get my Starlet serviced at Strathpine/Brendale ... I didn't find too much to complain about, except they weren't real good at explaining things. I also had the Starlet serviced at Torque Toyota at Kippa-Ring, who I found to be pretty good.

Actually, I should get my next service done at Sci-Fleet Kedron ... I think I'll have been to every dealer on the northside by then! :P

its all good, i'll have a driver :)

i'll ring them both on monday and check out the prices :D

thanks guys

i rang 2 service departments yesterday and got quotes on the service and found out when i could get my car in

one said $240 and i could get it done today

the other said $180 and i would have to wait til next tuesday

being on 20,600km, i thought i should get it done as soon as possible... so i booked it in

i was told when i reang back to book it in that they would probably do a wheel alignment and balance. i also asked if i could get my cruise control light moved (located behind the steering wheel, good place to see when you are driving....) and they said its not a warranty issue and i would probably have to pay for it to be moved, but they would have to look at it first and see if we were talking about the same thing.

i dropped the car off this morning and showed them the issue with the cruise control light and they said they would have to check how much wire was behind it to see if they could swap it to where the coin holder was...

i went back to pick it up and was showed a bill for $370!! :blink:

i told the guy that i was told yesterday that the total bill would be $240, and asked why it was $370.

his reply was that they did a wheel balance and alignment ($63.64) and they also did a EFI Injection System Flush ($86.36)

in shock i paid for it and went on my way. i dropped into their sales department about an hour later and asked how much it was for a quote on a 20,000km service on an 05 Stivo and they told me $209 - which is different to the $240 i was told yesterday - and was told by one of the sales guys that i shouldnt have had the EFI flush done unless i asked for it, or there was something wrong with the engine. but they did move the cruise control light for free :rolleyes:

im really ****** about the situation, i was told a price yesterday and they lumped another $130 on top of it without asking me if it was ok - especially ****** that i didnt need the EFI flush, but had to pay for it anyway.

can anyone give me some advice on what to do now? i would really like to write a letter of compaint, but am i being to over the top about it? and if not, what should i ask them to give me as compensation - my next service free?

Donna

Even at $209 it sounds expensive. I booked my car in at Motorama 4x4xmore bout an hour ago, for my 35000km service and its $88, as well as them temporarily fixing the gearbox problem for the second time under warrenty.

I certainly think you should write or go see the service manager, and ask why they did the extra work without permission, and why they had different quotes in the first place. Also on a side note I had also seen Southside Toyota about my service and was quoted $175 for the same thing. As i walked out i noticed their service dept. was pretty much empty, and all the guys were just standing around talking.

Even at $209 it sounds expensive. I booked my car in at Motorama 4x4xmore bout an hour ago, for my 35000km service and its $88, as well as them temporarily fixing the gearbox problem for the second time under warrenty.

I certainly think you should write or go see the service manager, and ask why they did the extra work without permission, and why they had different quotes in the first place. Also on a side note I had also seen Southside Toyota about my service and was quoted $175 for the same thing. As i walked out i noticed their service dept. was pretty much empty, and all the guys were just standing around talking.

i was given a "Service Pricing Guide Passenger Vehicles" today and the RRP for a 20,000km on a 2ZZE Mar 2003 - current is $234...

i think i will be doing more looking around before i book my car in next time.

i will be writing a letter tonight to be hand delivered to the manager at the dealer with a courtesy copy to go to head office

i was given a "Service Pricing Guide Passenger Vehicles" today and the RRP for a 20,000km on a 2ZZE Mar 2003 - current is $234...

i think i will be doing more looking around before i book my car in next time.

i will be writing a letter tonight to be hand delivered to the manager at the dealer with a courtesy copy to go to head office

Those extras without your permission is just not on ... write to just about everyone you can, and ask the dealer why they even considered an EFI flush at just 20K!

Oh, and let us know which dealer this was, so we can avoid them!

The odd thing is, they then went and fixed the cruise control (not even a Toyota part) for free! Did they hope you'd be so happy about the cruise that you'd miss the other stuff? :huh:

Edited by Buddha

The odd thing is, they then went and fixed the cruise control (not even a Toyota part) for free! Did they hope you'd be so happy about the cruise that you'd miss the other stuff? :huh:

i wont mention any names unless they dont do anything to make it right again.

they even told me that because it was an aftermarket part, they would proabbly have to charge me... the work they did was to move the damn thing 2cm to the right !!! not that hard!