Hello from England

Hey there, I was really hoping you guys "down under" could help a whinging pomme (sorry for the sterotype)! I have a 2003 Corolla 2zz engine, and the tuning for it here is absolute pants! I looked on your site and you have some great looking rolla's......I need help in sourcing bits n bobs, the only thing available thats not custom made is a k&n forced induction kit and a set of fast road pads. I really want a free flow manifold and possibly a cat back exhaust but over here all we have is a TTE back box, the remus one and to be honest it ain't that good!! Any help would be awesome.....thanks for reading this!

Chris :P

you can buy cold air intake from USA, trd, injen, or aem. As for header, you can buy TRD or buy Hotshot from USA. Hotshot is the current favourites by the US owners. CES made catback system, people are happy with it so can't go wrong there.

Hey there, I was really hoping you guys "down under" could help a whinging pomme (sorry for the sterotype)! I have a 2003 Corolla 2zz engine, and the tuning for it here is absolute pants! I looked on your site and you have some great looking rolla's......I need help in sourcing bits n bobs, the only thing available thats not custom made is a k&n forced induction kit and a set of fast road pads. I really want a free flow manifold and possibly a cat back exhaust but over here all we have is a TTE back box, the remus one and to be honest it ain't that good!! Any help would be awesome.....thanks for reading this!

Chris :P

Nothing wrong with Remus, I have one fitted to Corolla Sportivo which is the same as your T-Sport, although the sysyem isn't loud it does sound great. The best thing in my opinion is that there is no cabin drone at cruising speeds. Have you had experience with a Remus sysytem before? If you like check out the photos in the current post "Remus Exhaust", hopefully I will have sound bite up by the weekend.

Whats CES? Does the header make a noticable differance? Also, i need to try and sort out the handling, first on my list is a front upper strut bar, I want to go to the Nurburgring later this year so i'm trying to find a goos coil over package! I dont know if you have heard of TEIN or KW as i'm trying to get one of the other but due to my car being Grandads choice its taking a lot of digging!

Styling wise i'm after a suble street sleeper look, my car is thunder grey with black 17's with a polished lip, apart fron this and a set of Euro rear lenses she's standard! Does anybody know if there are any projector style head lamp available yet? The ones with dark inserts as i thonk these would look the nads!

Cheers all...........keep on modding

Chris

Whats CES? Does the header make a noticable differance? Also, i need to try and sort out the handling, first on my list is a front upper strut bar, I want to go to the Nurburgring later this year so i'm trying to find a goos coil over package! I dont know if you have heard of TEIN or KW as i'm trying to get one of the other but due to my car being Grandads choice its taking a lot of digging!

Styling wise i'm after a suble street sleeper look, my car is thunder grey with black 17's with a polished lip, apart fron this and a set of Euro rear lenses she's standard! Does anybody know if there are any projector style head lamp available yet? The ones with dark inserts as i thonk these would look the nads!

Chris

KW is good...

very nice how they build the system..

i have a fren using it on his slk.. and he loves it.. no complain about it so far

:)

Chris

CES stands for Custom Exhaust Systems which is the name of a campany that has it head office here in the state of Queensland. They have been proven many times to give some gain in HP. If you wanted one you would have to ship it over. If you do a search onb CES I'm sure you will find were someone has posted a link to there site along with many user comments. Also, I don't think headers are available through them as yet but I think they are working on a design.

There are many different types of Coilover units available that will fit the Corolla. I believe some people have TEIN's but they are very expensive. Another good brand that several people are using is CUSCO. Spend some time looking in the Garage if you want a better idea of different brands that are available. There is a member on the Forum, goes by the title "DANZ". I think he has just had some coilovers fittted. Try sending him a PM as he seems to have a lot of knowledge on Suspension Tuning as well as other topics.

Also, there are no projector headlights available for the Corolla, except for the American Version. You can get the JDM style headlights that have a black tint in the lense. Try looking on the C-ONE website, they have some decent pictures.

Sorry to hear about the problems you have had with your Remus. My Father has had a system fitted to his GEN3 V8 for almost 4 years without any kinds of problems. He lives across the road from the beach but has had no problems with rust. Mind you his car spends a lot of time in the Garage.

Thanks for the info.......if anybody is intested in 200mph Corolla, Fensport, based here in England have made one running over 600 brake horse power using a 3SGE i think!! www.fensport.co.uk

Chris

PS Please keep the info coming, it's all good! :D

Hey Barney, the Fensport corolla is old news around here mate :).

yeha but i dont know why everyone gets so excited about it, its really not that special, Neal Bates Motorsport in Canberra builds a Corolla with a 3S-GTE every couple of weeks, it cant be too difficult seeing how the corolla and the ST205 celica we're built on the same platform so most of the bits and pieces fit perfectly.

Sorry guys.....been to see the Fensport car at Santa Pod and it's pretty cool! Too much power tho, the gearbox decided to eat itself. :huh:

Spent my lunch hour trying to determain wether my car will run without its Cat....but i think the engine lamp will keep coming on as the 2nd O2 sensor will be swithching like mad!

I like the sound of the remus, i've just had to have to keep replacing it, they start to rattle about 14 months in and rust around the flanges, maybe its all the salt and rain over here!!

Barney :D

I've had mine since November 03 with no such problems :blink: Brother had one on his Prelude for for 5 years, it was the same when he sold the car from when he first put it on.

Do they spray salt on your roads in winter to melt down the ice ? Ouch.

Just woke up, its 8.30 in the morning and the bloody cars frozen......i hate england.......and yes the gritters have thrown salt everywhere so my recently polished paint shall once again be tarnished by the cruel rocksalt of Manchester............ :rolleyes: .......SOB