Speedo too fast

Aussiescotty

Hey guys, just wondering if others have noticed by how much your speedo is out by. I have a 2010 cruiser L and the speedo is reading 6km/h too fast (by GPS) which is quite a lot when you start working it out over 100,000Km not to mention being annoying. I've put different size tyres on now 225/55/18 and it has reduced it to around 4km/h (too fast).

I also own a FG Falcon and the speedo in that is spot on, so they can do it if they want to, so why is the RAV so far out?

Is this common in the RAV?

Hey guys, just wondering if others have noticed by how much your speedo is out by. I have a 2010 cruiser L and the speedo is reading 6km/h too fast (by GPS) which is quite a lot when you start working it out over 100,000Km not to mention being annoying. I've put different size tyres on now 225/55/18 and it has reduced it to around 4km/h (too fast).

I also own a FG Falcon and the speedo in that is spot on, so they can do it if they want to, so why is the RAV so far out?

Is this common in the RAV?

If it's 4-6km/h over at 100km/h then it is well within the ADRs (which allow up to 10% greater than actual speed) and entirely common for a new car these days (if anything your FG is an anomaly). It is standard practice for auto makers to have the speedo read slightly over anyway as it allows for manufacturing tolerances, differences in overall tyre diameters (and wear) and other assorted factors and still not read less than actual road speed (which would violate ADRs and open up a legal issue where owners could claim "my speedo said I was doing the speed limit" when fighting tickets in court)