annoying gear selector cable

Hey everyone,

only done 2000kms in my stivo so far and love the car, the best car ive had. I have had 2 corollas before buying this one and love the brand. (last car was an 89 sx corolla, standard) it was a great car. The only problem i have with the car and as i hve seen many people have had the same problem is that rattling gear selector cable (yall probably sick of hearing people winge about it) I guess im just fussy. Have taken it back 2 the dealer twice with the problem. Both times they said it was fixed but 2 my annoyance the sound came back again. Looks like i will be taking it back for a third time :angry: .

I give them credit they did reduce the noise before u get 2 4000rpm but after that the rattle is there to be heard.

Is there any people in Perth that have managed to get the problem fixed and if so where did u get it done?

Still love the ROLLA :D

Welcome to the forum, have a look at some other discussions in the forum and you will find topics on "Rattles:. I still have little rattles here and there.

Enjoy your car! The sound of "Lift" overshadows all rattles!

Cheers,

Zee

took my car for a check up today at the nunawading dealership, in melb. they are awesome, and always very helpful. (i had a loose exhaust bracket awhile back and they fixed it straight away)

i complained about

1. engine noise (ticking, rattling, knocking)

2. bad egg smell when giving it some stick

3. rattles from the dash

they took my car for a spin, had it in the workshop for about 2 hours, and this is what i got on my invoice in regards to the above

1. engine noise normal

2. normal smell from exhaust, advise on high octane for better smell & performance (err cough cough f*** optimax)

3. checked for rattles, found lever cable loose, carried out cable modication.

upon getting my car back i found that the clutch was alot more stiffer (it was really soft and hard to feel before) the gear box alot more sharp, as in the gears slotted into place, instead of feeling worn, and the gas pedal seemed more responsive.

also found the car doesnt rattle as much now =D the guy who served me took the time to listen to my complaints, and to explain what they found, so very pleased at the level of customer service in comparision to others, and they have the best setup ive seen.

he also confirmed that a proper solution is on the table for the gear cables, and that when it becomes avaliable, there will not be a recall, but if u are unsatisfied u will have to chase them up, then they will order the appropriate parts, and fix your car.