Corolla Sportivo DVD-SAT NAV Option

Buri_Sportivo

Hi guys, before i pick up my sportivo in 2 months, im thinking of adding dvd-sat nav on to the extras list to make it the total package. But its a bit expensive. Do you guys think its worth getting it???

honestly ... not really ..

1. get a melway directory for $30.00

2. get a portable nav. system

saves u at least $3,000+

most of the roads u would travel on a daily bases .. work, friends house, shopping plaza's etc. B)

Hi guys, before i pick up my sportivo in 2 months, im thinking of adding dvd-sat nav on to the extras list to make it the total package. But its a bit expensive. Do you guys think its worth getting it???

If I were you I'd be buying a Nav Man, I have one and the best thing about it is that you can

store it away when it's not in use. As for the Toyota Sat/Nav it sits visible for woodbe thieves!

Congratulations on your purchase on such an awesome ride!

Good luck! ;)

If I were you I'd be buying a Nav Man, I have one and the best thing about it is that you can

store it away when it's not in use. As for the Toyota Sat/Nav it sits visible for woodbe thieves!

Congratulations on your purchase on such an awesome ride!

Good luck! ;)

Thanks a lot man, im starting minor mods very soon with suspension and wheels. I havent seen the Nav Man, if it has better features than the original factory dvd sat nav, i would go for that. I thought of the thieves thing as well, as its very visible, but who can see if the windows are hardcore tinted right? I don't know what to do atm, im very confused about the price of the dvd sat nav of toyota. Some say 4500 dollars, some say 2000, my dad says its expensive and i say, get something better from alpine or bose with the storage button, which hides the screen inside and if i sell car, i dont want to get in one with a no sat nav feature as i would be used to it lol so i would be better off maybe with a different brand so i could uninstall later on if needed.

I used to have a PDA and use that for my SAT-NAV system, works perfectly and it was also portable (you can use it for bushwalking).

So If i were you i'll :

1) Buy a PDA with Bluetooth

2) Buy the Bluetooth Antenna

3) Buy the Navman Software

4) You're set to go....

---------

TOTAL COST $500 (depends how good you bargain with them)

or as someone has said before, just buy a MAP for $30 :P

Goodluck!

I used to have a PDA and use that for my SAT-NAV system, works perfectly and it was also portable (you can use it for bushwalking).

So If i were you i'll :

1) Buy a PDA with Bluetooth

2) Buy the Bluetooth Antenna

3) Buy the Navman Software

4) You're set to go....

---------

TOTAL COST $500 (depends how good you bargain with them)

or as someone has said before, just buy a MAP for $30 :P

Goodluck!

I don't like that idea hehe. Even though it will still work, i wouldn't like the look of it. It would make me look like i couldnt afford a real sat nav hehe. I'll probably buy a different system. Thanks for the idea though, cheers,

I don't like that idea hehe. Even though it will still work, i wouldn't like the look of it. It would make me look like i couldnt afford a real sat nav hehe. I'll probably buy a different system. Thanks for the idea though, cheers,

well you only have it on your dash when you use it ..other than that it is stored away ...

anyway its a neat system if you a holder on your dash ... you can even put that away .. so it dosent look like you have anything at all ! ...

but if looking like you could afford a "real" sat nav is important .. then its your money I guess ...

....And lets not forget if you have a PDA or dedicated portable system you can 'swap and go' from car to car.

This is important for me as myself and my girlfriend have a car each as well as family who would probably like to borrow it on the odd occaision.

More practical if you ask me, even if you can afford the genuine Toyota unit.