Rolla sportivo atw

What do they put down at the wheels? i was speaking to a celica owner (same engine) and his only put down 94 kw atw with a pod filter and full exhaust... either thats a **** load of loss or toyotas claimed figures are wrong.. (think 20v) , i say this is low because my stock as a rock 3sge mr2 puts down 90kw atw with factory exhaust and airfliter... but is rated almost 20kw at the fly less.. and it had some mods so it wasn't stock.. (141kw at engine) plus a few kw for exhaust and air filter..

Hi MR2-Zx6r,

before i get onto the corolla i would like to discuss your friends celica. You mentioned that they changed the exhaust.... BIG NO NO .... the exhaust from the factory on the celica and the corolla have been optimised for this engine and every performance place and exhaust place ive been to have commented on how well its been put together and setup for the car. Not sure if the older celica models (but the new shape) had a different exhaust or what but i know the new ones and the sportivo have been setup to obtain best possible performance. Even touching the muffler is a BIG NO NO in respect to performance trust me i know i have a cannon ball on their now but am going back to the stocker next week. So where you are saying plus a few kw sorry id have to disagree and say MINUS a few kw. So this here can explain losses for the celica.

Now onto the corolla

It has been up for great debate about the power output of the corolla on this forum. Below is a link i posted for every1 to just get over this topic.

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/index.php?s...st=0entry6299

Either way the standard sportivo produces 100 - 105 kw ATW. I have dyno sheets to prove it and the first post at the top of the page of the link i put above there is a link to a dyno sheet from one of the other boys on the forum to indicate power output. The other thing i would like to ask is the figures you indicated are they done in shootout mode ? I ask this as if they arent then the settings on the dyno can actually be altered to gain more power...On paper that is. how you ask ? well when i had mine dynoed the performance place showed me how to get over 110kw ATW they simply took the dyno out of shootout mode changed a few settings and wala after a dyno run my corolla had 118kw ATW . In shootout mode none of the settings can be changed and are locked in by the dyno and un-changable by the operator. The new standard in dynoing. If it doesnt say shootout mode sorry i dont trust it after i saw how easy it is to dodgy up.

Hope that answers your questions

Cheers

Bill