Stivo VS Rx8 VS 180sx

Stivo stands a chance against an RX8, i remember my Stivo in 4th gear pulling away slightly from an RX8 Type S (manual) hot on my rear bumper.. plus they haven't got much torque down low so on the track the Stivo will be punchier out of corners. Their gear ratios are also too wide, worse than our C64 6 speed.

Turbo cars i think we should forget it when we talk drags, we have to be realistic. Your mate just needs to tweak the boost up a couple of psi with a $50 boost controller and not let u know :P his 3inch exhaust and pod filter would have naurally raised his boost a psi or 2 higher anyway so there is no contest really. Stock for stock maybe closer. But it will be a much closer contest at the track, not drags.

if its a STOCK grey import 180SX i think you might stand a chance because the SR20DET are quite old and wouldn't be anywhere close to optimal condition, turbo engines also tend to lose more power compared to NA engines over time so a 10 year old SR20DET could well be on its last leg, coughing up black smoke everytime you floor it (and its common sight). People that mod these grey imports better have spare cash lying around because i can't see these engines hanging around long when the boost is played with.

Edited by ZEEROLLA

No hope for the sportivo against most turbo cars.

Best bet is for a win would be against a CA18 Auto 180.

I find it funny to think all you guys talk about the peak power, but think through it all...

a.) Peak power on the sportivo is high up, where as on the turbo cars it is generally in the mid range of revs.

b.) Torque. Look at the torque on a sportivo compared to any other car. Need I say more? The cars are good, but not that good.

I have always remembered the saying, power sells cars, torque wins races...

Edited by Donza

One thing im always scared of in my Sportivo...

is the shift from 1st into 2nd...the gear just doesnt want to go in...

unless i shift at 6000rpm.....

which means no lift really..sometimes works a little higher at 7000rpm...

shifting any higer than that...forget it...

this shifting problem means im screwed at takeoff.....so i get blown either way..

f&*#$ing juntao u wanna piece loolz?! come on den anytime anyplace pfft rx8 that wont drag a stivo ckn shiet....

and yamaguchi YER?! my mate wif the 180 is SUUUCHHHH a good driver that he crashed not only ONCE! but TWICE in his 180SX?!?!!?

pfft NO COMMENT....?!?!

so juntao is the one that lives near my house?

maybe i should test my levin outside his place =D

the only way i could win is if

he leaves his rx8 "parked" outside his house

yeah but im not the one who reverse into a pile of bricks,

or drive into someone's fence.

thats even worst man. 100% your fault.

and i only had one accident. the first one wasnt my fault so get your fact straight. lol

UM DUDE did i say i was a great drivier lyk takumi??? DID I?!?!

um NO!

and the bricks and a fence its a VL HOLDEN MAN!?(kicks out on a rainny dai even if i dont want it to) *2 weeks from getting my VL that fence thing happened 2 weeks i was inexperienced and it wasent with a stivO! how is that worse?

180sx driver - u lost ur license for drink driving, got a canarie, dragged a ford AU WITHOUT a licensce, den got busted dragging then did a runner on the cops in the middle of the night and crashed head on with a PARKED thats right PARKED truck!!! ps. lost license for HOW LONG??? please infrom me again?

I REST MY CASE....

i think ive won this round terry.... LOLZ BWaHAHAH :lol: