Jump to content

My new 2011 Aurion Touring


truman47
 Share

Recommended Posts

Howdy, well after having company cars for the past 15 years Ive finally started a new job where I had to buy my own car. After looking at a few VE Commodores and a few other cars I found a black 2011 Aurion Touring with only 47k on the clock for $14500,   So I brought it. So far I've been very happy with it and have been reading these forums here for some ideas on doing some mods or improvements to it.

 

One thing though when I try to transfer my iPhone contacts to the phone book it disconnects the iPhone from the blue tooth.  Is there anyway around this? If not I might have to update the stereo.  Any suggestions on what to go with here?

Cheers.

 

IMG_1321.JPG

IMG_0005.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites


15 hours ago, truman47 said:

when I try to transfer my iPhone contacts to the phone book

Hey, welcome to the club :)

As per iPhone and calls:

I just keep the home button on the iPhone depressed until it vibrates and the "voice control" shows. Then I speak : "call Mary mobile" and bluetooth will do the rest.

So, there's no need to transfer contacts, you can do it all with voice commands.

 

You can also say "ring Janice" or whatever your contact is listed as.

At the end of the call, you can press the red stop button on the dash.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Auri 7 said:

Hey, welcome to the club :)

As per iPhone and calls:

I just keep the home button on the iPhone depressed until it vibrates and the "voice control" shows. Then I speak : "call Mary mobile" and bluetooth will do the rest.

So, there's no need to transfer contacts, you can do it all with voice commands.

 

You can also say "ring Janice" or whatever your contact is listed as.

At the end of the call, you can press the red stop button on the dash.

 

I've been doing that and it works fine but  I didnt want to get caught touching my phone.

 

im thinking about maybe upgrading the stereo to a new touch screen one. Any suggestions as to what to get, avoid etc?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, truman47 said:

I've been doing that and it works fine but  I didnt want to get caught touching my phone.

 

im thinking about maybe upgrading the stereo to a new touch screen one. Any suggestions as to what to get, avoid etc?  

Legally you can touch the home button, if your iPhone is in a cradle, secure at the dash or windscreen. I'm using a vent-clip for mine.

(Similar to this:)

http://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/HH0J2ZM/B/belkin-car-vent-mount-for-iphone

As for transferring the contacts: Have you tried manually with bluetooth off temporarily?

New stereo: I have no idea, you'd have to search the topics, or maybe someone else can answer this question.

Good luck !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Auri 7 said:

Legally you can touch the home button, if your iPhone is in a cradle, secure at the dash or windscreen. I'm using a vent-clip for mine.

(Similar to this:)

http://www.apple.com/au/shop/product/HH0J2ZM/B/belkin-car-vent-mount-for-iphone

As for transferring the contacts: Have you tried manually with bluetooth off temporarily?

New stereo: I have no idea, you'd have to search the topics, or maybe someone else can answer this question.

Good luck !

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Ok cool, I already have a cradle so will do that for now.  

 

When you say tried manually how do I do that manually if Bluetooth is off?  I know I can type in contacts manually but it's going to take me ages.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, truman47 said:

Ok cool, I already have a cradle so will do that for now. 

When you say tried manually how do I do that manually if Bluetooth is off?  I know I can type in contacts manually but it's going to take me ages.

Hahaha, yes, that's why I never persisted with it. Typing in manually seems to be the only other way.

Actually I just got interested and tried to transfer my contacts to see whether it works, but got the same results as you have.

On the final step it just sits there, "transferring contacts, please operate your phone"

Operate how ? So when I switch bluetooth OFF/ON, it won't connect again, just like yours.

Anyway, the voice command is much easier, only one button to press.

Cheers.

 

Btw, while we're talking iPhone bluetooth connectivity:

If you don't get a message alert, but only incoming ring tones on calls, you can divert message tones to your iPhone, but leave calls on car bluetooth.

Here's how:

When connected to bluetooth, swipe up into control centre, select your BT device and then tick iPhone.

The only drawback: It doesn't stick, when you leave the car or switch it off and loose your BT.

So you'd have to do that before every trip. Anyway, just a thought.

Edited by Auri 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Auri7. I'm actually looking at maybe buying a new touch screen unit on eBay  and just posted another post asking if the Eonon unit is any good.

 

dialling using Siri works good when it does actually work. But last night I was out the front of Crown casino at about 1am trying to pick up the missus who was at a girlfriends bday party and everytime I tried using Siri it just wouldn't detect my voice for some reason.  It was a pain in the ***** but luckily she walked out the front just as I drove past and saw her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2016 at 0:11 PM, truman47 said:

Do you happen to have a manual with a wiring diagram Dave? Im trying to work out what the reverse camera wiring is so I can connect it to my sony HU.

Should be simple plug and play. I can check the manual and get back to you tomorrow. sorry for delay as I haven't been using this site since 22nd December lol. I was checking the forum before I leave for home

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, DeafDave76 said:

Should be simple plug and play. I can check the manual and get back to you tomorrow. sorry for delay as I haven't been using this site since 22nd December lol. I was checking the forum before I leave for home

 

It wasn't plug and play as the original unit had the camera wiring go into the unit via the loom and the Hu reduced the camera voltage to 6 volts. The new stereo uses an RCA plug for the camera. I found a wiring diagram eventually and sorted it all out.

 

Thanks anyway,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • Join The Club

    Join the Toyota Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

  • Latest Postings

    1. 0

      Pistons for 69 Corona

    2. 6

      2019 RAV4 oil filter wrench

    3. 6

      2019 RAV4 oil filter wrench

    4. 6

      2019 RAV4 oil filter wrench

    5. 0

      AE82 2zz-ge and 6spd swap

    6. 2

      2022 Toyota Camry Hybrid Should I buy it.

    7. 8

      2004 Sportivo RHS Headlight

    8. 6

      2019 RAV4 oil filter wrench

    9. 0

      kluger enhancements

    10. 8

Toyota Owners Club AU © 2020 | This Website has no association with Toyota (AU) or Toyota Motor Corporation. | Cookies | Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions

×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership