GSV50 Series Atx Dash coin box installation

PengNZ

I really enjoy driving my 2014 atx and like it. So i come to this fourm very often and so as a Chinese Camry fourm. One day i found a big difference in a Chinese Camry fourm. For the low line Camry in China, there is a very useful coin box installed on the dash. However, on the same place of a Aussie or NZ model, there is just a blank useless switch board. It’s useless and make the car looks cheap. 

Therefore, i did some research to see if i can replace it. I firstly try to search it on ebay, amazon, and NZ shopping site Trademe. Nothing found no surprise. Then I tried to find out if i can get one part from a japan imported model. However, I found out that japanese models also don’t have this design. Then I tried to search it on AliExpress which is a China-based international shopping site for cheap stuffs. Nothing found as well. At last, I tried to buy it on Taobao.com which is the biggest Chinese shopping website. I knew i could find it on it and i did find it. Then I asked a fd who would come to NZ that month to order it and bring it to me. 

Today, he and my coin box arrived and i spent like 5 mins to install it. There is some slight different as shown on pics. It’s due to the difference between left-hand drive design and right-hand drive design i think. It’s not perfect but i am still very happy with it!

778E4291-F465-4C30-82BA-8FE4701CAFAF.jpeg

ACAC812E-BD5D-4424-9577-D534637D09AF.jpeg

BD17AC11-F4A4-43CD-AD86-BA27697AF3EA.jpeg

105D48E8-7D6E-4CA9-8DA7-827D1A6661A5.jpeg

0B7967ED-7447-4BB5-BC5F-8C56181212D8.jpeg

E4CA18AC-7F20-4E03-A9F7-696BE800BDF9.jpeg

3A6F5EE4-87CF-4BC7-AC17-0873231C6B44.jpeg

Edited by PengNZ

• 2 weeks later...

Nice one Peng. I agree that it should have been made as a storage bin.

My Prodigy is the same. Not sure if Presara is too.

I suspect Toyota marketing may have targeted the Chinese market for sheer population numbers and possibly the higher smoking rate.. 

Did you order yours through Toyota China or are they available here ?

How much was it ?

20171222_082057.jpg

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

On 11/12/2017 at 2:49 PM, PengNZ said:

At last, I tried to buy it on Taobao.com which is the biggest Chinese shopping website. I knew i could find it on it and i did find it. Then I asked a fd who would come to NZ that month to order it and bring it to me.

12 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Nice one Peng. I agree that it should have been made as a storage bin.

My Prodigy is the same. Not sure if Presara is too.

I suspect Toyota marketing may have targeted the Chinese market for sheer population numbers and possibly the higher smoking rate.. 

How much was it ?

20171222_082057.jpg

100 CNY = 20 AUD

Maybe you can go to a local toyota dealer and show them the part number then probably they could arrange a order from China. 

Btw your wood trim is awesome!

Edited by PengNZ