Total loss of electrical power

Veggie

G’day all,

I have just recently replaced my main battery in the Hilux, however I was out in town and when I went to start it again I heard a click then nothing. I had lost all electrics. I have double checked all the battery terminals to make sure they where tight I have pulled all fuses and they are good. My next lines of inquiry are the fusable link which I have just tested and only seam to be getting 2.4 volts too. I have tested the internal fuse box and am only getting 3.4 volts to there. I have done a cont check on the cables going to the under Bonet fuse box and they are all good. Would it be the ignition switch I need to be looking at as I can’t seem to find why my voltage has dropped off. I have no lights internal or external, no horn or accessory’s light up on the dash. The only thing witch does come on is the door open light and oil light but these are dim.

Thanks for any and all assistance 

11 minutes ago, Veggie said:

I have double checked all the battery terminals to make sure they where tight I have pulled all fuses and they are good.

I would also check the grounding cable connection to the body. Remove any corrosion build up on the cable and make sure about the grounding connection to the bodywork.

The cable from the battery to the fusable link had almost come off from its attachment point to the fuse box so it was cont testing fine, but wasn’t getting the required voltage into the fuse box it’s self. I also went through and cleaned all the terminals and grounds for good measure.