Replacing Side Parking Light Bulbs

campbeam

I am planning upon replacing the front W5W parking light bulbs with LED bulbs. Possibly also the door light bulbs with upgraded halogen bulbs.

It looks like I will have to remove the plastic inner wheel guard to gain easy access to the headlight connections. Is this so?

I also want a whiter light so I have ordered on eBay both white light halogen bulbs and canbus error free LED bulbs with 10 5630 SMDs.

Has anyone had experience with fitting this type of LED bulb?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ash, 

Looks like you're going to be the Pioneer in this department mate.

I've never heard of or seen this update except for blue LEDs being fitted to the bottom of the interiror B pillar for effect.

I replaced the park lights with cheapo super white LED one's off eBay.  Can't remember brand but they were very very cheap and they're great.  Pulled plastic wheel arch covers off and probably took 20 minutes a side. Less time next time as I know what I'm doing!

IMG_0509.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Akkadian said:

cheapo super white LED one's off eBay.  Can't remember brand but they were very very cheap and they're great.

Sounds like what I have also bought and hope to get the same worthwhile results. Also bought halogen bulbs just in case the LED ones have a short life.

• 1 month later...

Finally fitted the right length LED bulbs. These ones with a 34mm length just fitted as parking lights.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2x-T10-501-194-W5W-5630-LED-SMD-Car-HID-Canbus-Error-Free-Wedge-Light-Lamp-Bulb-/232705017248?hash=item362e4cc5a0

Light is a bright white colour which is what I wanted instead of the original yellow looking [warm white] colour from the halogen bulbs.

• Thanks 1