'95 Camry external mirrors vibrating

Bob W

I have a 1995 Camry sedan and find that when driving the glass in the external mirrors vibrates which makes it difficult to accurately gauge just how far back the other vehicles are. Is there any way to stiffen or tighten the glass or does the entire unit need to be replaced. This is happening with both left and right mirrors.

Without breaking the glass, press firmly in the centre of the mirrors and perhaps also on the four corners of the mirror to try and reseat the mirror into the plastic retaining clips of the housing behind the mirror. If that does not work, plan upon a visit to your local wreckers.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 7:29 PM, campbeam said:

Without breaking the glass, press firmly in the centre of the mirrors and perhaps also on the four corners of the mirror to try and reseat the mirror into the plastic retaining clips of the housing behind the mirror. If that does not work, plan upon a visit to your local wreckers.

Thanks for the info Ashley.  I'm away at present in our other vehicle, but will try that when we get back home.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ashley, I looked again at the troublesome mirrors only to find it's not the glass that is vibrating but the entire 'head' unit moving on the arm. I've taken the mirror off but can see no way to disassemble and tighten. There appears to be two parts to the arm and the centre piece with the mirror head attached is not held firmly within the unit. May have to invest in new mirrors. 

Thanks again

Bob

• 5 months later...

Yea I have the same issue. Only fix is to get new mirrors. At the age of the car I would rather get new ones then used ones cause used will probably be the same. And you know that it will last