Aurion 2014 ATX50

Hi Everyone,

I am new to forums and am thinking very hard on purchasing an Aurion 2014 ATX. Is there anything issues with model I should look out for, thanks in advance.

Just make sure that the vehicle has a good service history of regular oil changes.

2GR-FE engine is more susceptible to oil sludge if poor quality oils have been used and irregular service interval. This is not something that I would expect in a 4 yr old vehicle that has had the regular logbbook services but check anyway.

Definitely check that there are no coolant leaks and the water pump has to be replaced. Potentially, it is a $2000 repair bill involving engine removal but it is possible to do a water pump replacement without the engine removal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Arazern said:

not sure about when water pump would need doing.

Lifetime of a water pump is variable. Some owners have reported replacing water pumps between 70-100K kms. Personally, I think that the harder the engine is revved, the more wear on the water pump bearing.

My 2006 Aurion ATX has just passed the 197K kms mark.  In the past 3 years, I have just changed the coolant in the overflow tank as an annual maintenance item. Thinking about doing a radiator flush but maybe not necessary for quite some time.

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

Lifetime of a water pump is variable. Some owners have reported replacing water pumps between 70-100K kms. Personally, I think that the harder the engine is revved, the more wear on the water pump bearing.

My 2006 Aurion ATX has just passed the 197K kms mark.  In the past 3 years, I have just changed the coolant in the overflow tank as an annual maintenance item. Thinking about doing a radiator flush but maybe not necessary for quite some time.

My 2008 Touring water pump went after the 120k service. After the pressure test during the service it started dripping coolant for about 2.000kms, then one afternoon on my way back home it suddenly decided to leave us for a better world. I haven't heard of many dying water pumps on the 2012 onwards Aurions though.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the feed back, will keep an eye on the coolant and temp as per normal since I am the new owner of an Aurion and damn they are nice to drive 😀