Klugar mid row seat vibration

Hemnt

Dear friends,  I have got a 2015 Klugar grande, have done 75,000kms since I bought.  I have observed that mid row seats vibrate and there is an associated irritating noise.  Have u faced the same and is there any prescribed  repair/remedy.

Regards,

Hemant 

Yes, same issue here, appears to be common on highlander forums. While I haven't cured it, i have found that if i relock the seat my moving it the rattle stops for a while. I think it is only the single left hand seat and only makes a noise when it is empty.

Edited by Howdoi

2 hours ago, Howdoi said:

Yes, same issue here, appears to be common on highlander forums. While I haven't cured it, i have found that if i relock the seat my moving it the rattle stops for a while. I think it is only the single left hand seat and only makes a noise when it is empty.

Yep, 100% the same as Howdoi in terms of issue and short term fix. It is a completely mysterious rattle that can not seem to  be resolved! I have tried to find it on and off over the years and each time when I thought I resolved it, the rattle would eventually come back. I have even been on the car's foot well while been driven around and I can't seem to pin point the source of the rattle. It seems to emanate from the passenger side, middle row door area. It's possibly from the bottom of the seat but there's is nothing that obvious to the cause. 

I have tried the following:

- Adding insulation to the left door stopper.

- Adding insulation/sound dampeners to left seat lever, underneath the rail for sliding seat forward.

- Wedging items between left seat and middle to minimise any movement.

- Insulating items around and behind the seat such as the cargo cover.

None have worked long term. It is just an annoying rattle which I have resigned to putting up with and generally don't notice as it is not too loud and masked by music.