new 2020 model Kluger on TNGA platform landing early 2021?

MichaelG

Hi guys, do you have any idea about new 2021 model kluger which is on TNGA platform? I checked US market input (mostly youtube reviews), it has different drive trains (different AWD mode), anyone know when and what we are going to get 2021? looking forward to it. 

Hi Michael, if you go to the Toyota website, the current series three kluger models are now in run out. From what I have read, the replacement series four will be a variant of the Highlander already available in the states on the TNGA platform. In terms of release here, I don't think the date has been announced, but clearly it may before the end of the year with the current model in run out. My only concern is that series 1 & 2 klugers were made in Japan, the series 3 (and shortly) 4 are made in the USA, only time will tell if this has affected the reliability. Considering my series 2 is still 100% reliable and has had no faults, I don't think I will be changing in the short term.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont say that MichaelG!!  I have been considering a new Kluger, one of the current run out models as they are great value for the money.
Trouble is, will I regret it like you?  There is nothing wrong with mine and I have owned it since new back in 2012.
The thought of a new Kluger is nice but the thought of parting with the one I own now is something I might find hard to do.
For anyone wanting to have a read about the 2020? or for us, the 2021 model jump over to Toyota Nation site.  They have a lot of feedback from owners there.