Can I disable the alarm?

Tonester

My 2008 Kluger has started an intermittent issue where the alarm goes off for no apparent reason. I'm geting someon to look at it next week, but in the interim I don;t want to be waking neighbours up at all hours. Is ther a way to lock the doors but not enable the alarm. Or can I just turn the alarm off while still using central locking. 

FYI: The alarm came with the Kluger (Grande). So not an after market.

I have some extra keys (not the fob). Would this be for the alarm, to switch it off by any chance? If so, where? I had a look and can't find anything obvious...to me at least!

Many months ago, the alarm on my 2006 Aurion got "possessed" and would go off a number of minutes after using the remote to lock the vehicle. Naturally off course, the time lag was enough for me to have gone indoors. I am sure that the time lag even increased long enough for me to start thinking that all was well then get more frustrated.  

More in frustration than anything else, I got back into the vehicle, lowered the driver's window then used the central locking button inside the vehicle to lock and unlock the doors a few times. I cannot totally recall whether I also used the remote to lock and unlock the doors while I was in the vehicle but I am fairly sure that I would have done so. Lowering the driver's window was a precaution in case the doors locked and would not reopen. 

It is probably going to be a trial and error approach using different sequence of methods to lock and unlock the doors.  

Hope this is of some assistance.

• 2 months later...

Sometimes people never get back on here to update their issue unfortunately. I wished they would so everybody else can benefit.

Another thought crossed my mind in relation to this. Is it possible that the kluger may trigger a false alarm if any of the windows are slightly open. I mean the minutest amount. When you lock your car with the key fob or smart entry (whatever you have), does it make an extra beep on top of the normal beep ??

Your Kluger may have this safety feature and I'm not really sure if they are common across the different platforms.

Have you had a read of your owner's manual in the troubleshooting section for your particular vehicle ?