Land cruiser LC200 Engine not turning off.

Par warn

Car security alarm sounds go out to the car. I am locked out of the car but the  ignition lights are on and the instrument is on. I have to manually do use the car key to open the door press start button car starts no problem. Turn the car off instrument panel goes out motor still running. Disconnect negative on battery motor turns off. The whole time while the car is turned on the passenger side seat warmer dial light is flashing. Does anyone out there have any idea what this could be?

Man, talk about electrical gremlins. That's one I've never heard of before. It's possible your ECU is malfunctioning. I dare say, the best option would be to take it straight to a Toyota dealer and hope they can figure it out.

We'd be very curious to know the outcome. Modern car electrics are very complicated and it's not as simple as one thinks to diagnose, especially a remote diagnosis here.

They'd certainly need to hook up the monitoring equipment and peer into the central controller for any mismatch of points.

Have you done any online research prior to arriving here ?

Let us know you go with this one if you don't mind. The information could be beneficial to others who may come across this same issue.

Cheers :thumbsup:

• 10 months later...

i have exactly the same engine not turning off issue as you have described with my 200 series cruiser 4.5 v8 turbo diesel !!

even down to the left hand seat heater light flickering !!

it would help me massively if you could let me know what yours turned out to be and how to fix the issue !!

i would really appreciate your help and any information you have regarding this strange (engine wont turn off problem)

kindest regards graham in the uk !!

07935 110105 anytime

HI THERE 

I HAVE EXACTLY THE SAME ISSUE (ENGINE THAT WON'T SWITCH OFF PROBLEM WITH MY 2013 200 SERIES 4.5 V8 DIESEL CRUISER AND IT HAS EXACTLY THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS YOU WERE HAVING !! EVEN DOWN TO THE PASSENGER SEAT HEATER SWITCH LIGHT FLICKERING !!

IT WOULD HELP ME MASSIVELY AND I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE  IT IF YOU COULD LET ME KNOW IF YOU EVER DID GET YOURS SORTED AND WHAT THE ISSUE TURNED OUT TO BE !!

MANY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME AND HOPEFULLY I WILL HEAR FROM YOU VERY SOON !!

KINDEST REGARDS KIRK IN THE UK !!

PLEASE HELP !!

DOES ANYBODY ON HERE HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THIS ISSUE MIGHT BE !!

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED !!

THE VEHICLE IS A 2013 LAND CRUISER LC200 4.5 V8 D-4D TURBO DIESEL AUTOMATIC